Number 10 Hotel
Agoda.com
US$115
US$111
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Free Internet
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsqueens parkhoneymoon suitefunction roomwedding venuesteak pieclub roomthe main hotelhuge roomthe general managerboutique hotellovely hotelcity centregreat nightwould highly recommend this hotelfollowing morningno lifttrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On visit to Glasgow for Common Wealth Games it was recommended by a friend to stay at No 10, and so glad I did , very welcoming place , staff very warm and friendly and helpful in many aspects of my stay there......I would most definitely being choosing this place again when I'm next in Glasgow...... big thank you to staff and Mr William Sloan for making my weekend so welcoming

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shell_bell_giannotti
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having not stayed at the hotel for over a year can only say congrats to the owners and staff for the improvements that have been done. As ever the staff were excellent, the new bar layout looks brilliant and the new windows (that were needed ) make the rooms look far more modern. And had a nice afternoon sitting in the garden with the sun backing down (not bad for Glasgow) !!
All in all great hotel, excellent staff and perfect short stay !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank happytraveler1972
Reviewed 28 July 2014

For the price you pay for a hotel in Glasgow, you think you are going to be getting something fairly special. Or even something comfortable. At a whopping 225 a night (and those prices were on the wall by the reception, that wasn't just Commonwealth inflation), we got room 20 - a room so small they had to get a shorter than standard double bed to fit into it (my boyfriend is a tall chap and his feet stuck a good 5 inches off the end) and we had to implement a one way system to avoid clambering over one another to get to the window or shower room. A small dresser table was crammed into the corner, where I had to hunch to get ready for the engagement party we were going to - no full length mirror to double check I hadn't tucked my skirt into my pants (these things happen) or to generally just check I was looking presentable. Even the bathroom mirror, probably supposed to be designer, was ridiculously impractical - fragmented into little bits of mirror so it distorted your face when you looked in it. There were some nice sweeties laid out by the kettle on a piece of slate - very fancy - but the tea service was your basic budget hotel fare: Tetley tea bags and nescafe instant. I had a look to see what they were serving in the bistro, and discovered there was no 'welcome&info' booklet anywhere to be found. Why would they not have the basic info on the hotel and the area, but have flyers for GoApe on the footstool? (why would they even have a footstool in a room so small?!)

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the past couple of years, cheap ones and more luxury ones. This one is distinctly average and grossly mis-priced and mis-advertised. It is not luxury, it is not 4 stars worthy, and it is not worth 225 a night for the room the Victorian maid probably slept in 150 years ago.

At least it was clean.

Room Tip: Don't take room 20, whatever you do!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My elderly mum (who has Mobility issues and uses a wheelchair) and I stayed in room 9 for one night while visiting for the Commonwealth Games.

I had left it late to book a hotel (about 6 months before the games ) and wanted one in the city Centre. Of course they were all booked and I was lucky to get one at Number 10. Unfortunately though, due to the lateness all the ground floor rooms were booked. Room 9 is on the first floor and it was a struggle for my mum to climb the stairs. There was nothing else available but that isn't the hotels fault.

The chap on reception when we arrived was helpful but didn't tell us there was an accessible ramp at the side of the building, even on the way out, rather than struggle with the steps at the main entrance. He also sent us the long way to the train station. However the lady on reception at night actually came out to help us. Her and the other members of staff were lovely and very helpful.

The room was lovely, very tastefully decorated! Over looking the garden and veranda at the back. We had both windows open due to the heat and there was no noise, but then again, there wasn't a function on.

Breakfast was good, great choice. Apart from the soggy, cold hash browns but that's just being picky.

All in all it was great place to stay and we would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After travelling for 36 hours I had to play hunt the receptionist around midday. There is a bell to ring which did not bring a response after multiple rings and 2 wanders around plus other patrons trying to be helpful.....yelling up the stairs finally worked. Receptionist helpful with bag to room. Room, ensuite bathroom large. Comfortable bed, no alarm clock, nice tea service. Some burns on carpet and blood stain on curtains in bathroom but room generally clean. Breakfast good, waitresses nice but had cleared away most of breakfast half hour before end of service as they had been told by someone in the hotel that all guests had eaten ?? Like all small hotels staff wear many hats. Spent 3 nights there but did not use bistro or bar. I would stay again as it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo