“Great location next to Kelvingrove Park”
Review of Argyll Guest House

Argyll Guest House
Ranked #10 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Great location next to Kelvingrove Park”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Staff was very personable and helpful. Smallish room was neat, and comfortable. The only downside was a background toilet smell even tho all was quite clean. The location was excellent for its proximity to Kelvingrove Park, the fantastic Museum, the University, and convenient bus routes to all else. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had a lovely couple of nights at this guest house. It ticks all of the boxes. I particularly want to mention one of the staff - i think his name was Alistair - he's an asset to the place - a friendly, helpful man.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank abigailrowley
ArgyllHotel, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Guest House, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Regards,
Dundee, UK
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed here for one night as a base for exploring Glasgow on the way to the West Highlands. The location was great and easy to get to from the train Station by public transport (bus) and it only takes 20 mins max to walk into the centre of town. The room was warm, comfortable and clean and good value for money. Perhaps a little noisy as people came to and from their rooms quite late but that would be a problem in any location. The staff were friendly, and allowed us to leave are bags at reception when we arrived late morning so we could go off and explore the City before checking into our room. Would recommend, excellent value for money!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you back sometime soon.

Happy Travelling,
Scotland
Reviewed 25 May 2011

This guesthouse is adequate for one night's stay but other than that I wasn't too impressed, although I should point out straight away that while I booked myself a single room online, when I arrived I discovered my room was a double room and I wasn't paying any extra which is obviously a positive. However I've stayed in better budget places for the same price or even a bit less. The bathroom smelled rather odd - I made sure I kept the door closed so I couldn't smell it from my room and the shower was abysmal. I had a better shower experience in a pokey wee chalet up in Aviemore recently. The room itself was ok, clean, although quite dark since the curtains remained drawn given the location of the room looking directly onto a main road. Last thing to mention was that I recieved an e-mail about a day before I arrived informing me the restaurant was out of bounds as there was a wedding reception or something going on. It would have been nice to have had better warning since I booked the hotel about a week before.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We are always trying to improve the Guesthouse and its facilities, as well as the customer experience.

We apologise for not contacting you further in advance about the Restaurant being closed, though we were still offering room service for the evening.

Best Wishes,
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This was a good standard room and a fine place to stay for 4 nights while exploring Glasgow. The room had a very standard hotel feel, but was clean and comfortable, albeit a bit small. The walls/doors are thin here again, but we didn't have many neighbors (it seemed) so we weren't bothered by any sounds. For 50 pounds/night with ensuite bathroom it seemed like a decent value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
ArgyllHotel, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Guest House, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review! I hope that you enjoyed your stay in the Guesthouse and had a good time exploring Glasgow. We look forward to seeing you again.
Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This Guest house is very well situated for the north end of the city. It's 'sister' hotel across the road looks nice, and the breakfast I had there was great; and the service was excellent. The Guest house is in need of some upgrading and a deep clean in the room (which was very small, even for a single room). The bed was comfy, and quiet and the shower was ok. I could only get one channel on the TV. So, all in all, it was ok, not expensive for a city hotel, but I would recommend trying the hotel rather than the Guest house.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Fort William
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have stayed at this guest house several times. It is clean and comfortable.
Normally the internet coverage is good but on this occasion was not working in the Guest House. The receptionist let me sit in the hotel reception instead as the internet was working fine there but of course it is much less convenient than working from the room.

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review! I am sorry to hear that the internet was not working properly in your room. We have had someone look into it and found out that it just needed to be reset. I hope that the next time you stay with us; you won’t have any problems with the internet.

Regards,