“Great place to stay”

Argyll Guest House
Ranked #10 of 38 Glasgow B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Very close to the SECC. Rooms are clean and presented well. When I first arrived the radiator was making a noise. I phoned the reception and within a couple of minutes someone was there to fix it. Great value for money and the breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here sept 24 2011. As it is close to Glasgow university and a pub there was noice all night. We stayed in room 6 on the sauchiehall side. We only got about 2 hours sleep as the drunk university students were talking outside our window until 3 am. When we left for the airport there were still groups of students staggering home. The room was okay but I found the double bed hard. The service for our continental breakfast at 6am was wonderful. The front desk was very helpful as well.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank campervan_question
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed here for two nights on my first trip to Scotland. The location is quite good as it's right near Kelvingrove Park, several restaurants, and about a 20 minute (and very nice) walk from the city centre. The airport bus stop is right outside the guest house, and it is a practical and cost-efficient way to get to the Glasgow International Airport. The breakfast each morning is very nice, and I would also recommend the same restaurant for dinner. The staff was very helpful and was always available to answer my questions.

I stayed in a single room, and it was quite small. However, this was not a problem as I didn't spend much time in my room. Both the room and the bathroom were clean and neat. There is also wireless internet service, but in my experience, it was a bit spotty. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and tried to fix this as soon as possible.

I would recommend this guest house if you are trying to find a clean and comfortable place on a budget and/or looking for a quick stop on your tour through Scotland.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone, I would not recommend a room on the ground floor. The large windows seem...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Staff was very personable and helpful. Smallish room was neat, and comfortable. The only downside was a background toilet smell even tho all was quite clean. The location was excellent for its proximity to Kelvingrove Park, the fantastic Museum, the University, and convenient bus routes to all else. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Ware, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had a lovely couple of nights at this guest house. It ticks all of the boxes. I particularly want to mention one of the staff - i think his name was Alistair - he's an asset to the place - a friendly, helpful man.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank abigailrowley
ArgyllHotel, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Guest House, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Regards,
Dundee, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed here for one night as a base for exploring Glasgow on the way to the West Highlands. The location was great and easy to get to from the train Station by public transport (bus) and it only takes 20 mins max to walk into the centre of town. The room was warm, comfortable and clean and good value for money. Perhaps a little noisy as people came to and from their rooms quite late but that would be a problem in any location. The staff were friendly, and allowed us to leave are bags at reception when we arrived late morning so we could go off and explore the City before checking into our room. Would recommend, excellent value for money!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you back sometime soon.

Happy Travelling,
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

This guesthouse is adequate for one night's stay but other than that I wasn't too impressed, although I should point out straight away that while I booked myself a single room online, when I arrived I discovered my room was a double room and I wasn't paying any extra which is obviously a positive. However I've stayed in better budget places for the same price or even a bit less. The bathroom smelled rather odd - I made sure I kept the door closed so I couldn't smell it from my room and the shower was abysmal. I had a better shower experience in a pokey wee chalet up in Aviemore recently. The room itself was ok, clean, although quite dark since the curtains remained drawn given the location of the room looking directly onto a main road. Last thing to mention was that I recieved an e-mail about a day before I arrived informing me the restaurant was out of bounds as there was a wedding reception or something going on. It would have been nice to have had better warning since I booked the hotel about a week before.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We are always trying to improve the Guesthouse and its facilities, as well as the customer experience.

We apologise for not contacting you further in advance about the Restaurant being closed, though we were still offering room service for the evening.

Best Wishes,