“Would go back no problem!”
Review of Argyll Guest House

Argyll Guest House
Ranked #8 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Rooms were reasonable standard. Friendly, pleasant and helpfully staff! Location and price were good top! Would be more than happy to return!

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have stayed here many times now for different lengths of time,one being for two months while working nights! The staff are very accomodating and nothing is too much trouble.I feel it is fair to say that the rooms in the hotel are to a better standard than the guest house across the road so it is worth the little extra if a room is availible.I must mention the breakfast though,I have been in and out of hotels,guest houses and b+b's for nearly twenty years and the Argyll's is the best I've ever had !

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Very close to the SECC. Rooms are clean and presented well. When I first arrived the radiator was making a noise. I phoned the reception and within a couple of minutes someone was there to fix it. Great value for money and the breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here sept 24 2011. As it is close to Glasgow university and a pub there was noice all night. We stayed in room 6 on the sauchiehall side. We only got about 2 hours sleep as the drunk university students were talking outside our window until 3 am. When we left for the airport there were still groups of students staggering home. The room was okay but I found the double bed hard. The service for our continental breakfast at 6am was wonderful. The front desk was very helpful as well.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank campervan_question
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed here for two nights on my first trip to Scotland. The location is quite good as it's right near Kelvingrove Park, several restaurants, and about a 20 minute (and very nice) walk from the city centre. The airport bus stop is right outside the guest house, and it is a practical and cost-efficient way to get to the Glasgow International Airport. The breakfast each morning is very nice, and I would also recommend the same restaurant for dinner. The staff was very helpful and was always available to answer my questions.

I stayed in a single room, and it was quite small. However, this was not a problem as I didn't spend much time in my room. Both the room and the bathroom were clean and neat. There is also wireless internet service, but in my experience, it was a bit spotty. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and tried to fix this as soon as possible.

I would recommend this guest house if you are trying to find a clean and comfortable place on a budget and/or looking for a quick stop on your tour through Scotland.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone, I would not recommend a room on the ground floor. The large windows seem...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Staff was very personable and helpful. Smallish room was neat, and comfortable. The only downside was a background toilet smell even tho all was quite clean. The location was excellent for its proximity to Kelvingrove Park, the fantastic Museum, the University, and convenient bus routes to all else. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We had a lovely couple of nights at this guest house. It ticks all of the boxes. I particularly want to mention one of the staff - i think his name was Alistair - he's an asset to the place - a friendly, helpful man.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank abigailrowley
ArgyllHotel, Public Relations Manager at Argyll Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Regards,