Ambassador Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
US$137
US$115
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
US$89
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$254
US$180
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$99
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbotanical gardenswest endembassy apartmentsbyres roadkelvin riverqueen margaretcity centreoff street parkingsubway stoporan morquiet locationglasgow universitysingle roomunderground stationsmall hotelgreat western roadexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights and loved it. Nice, clean and very comfortable establishment. The breakfast was very good each morning and the staff there was excellent in helping me out with any information i needed for my stay there. Very friendly people and there was free wifi in the rooms which helped me out alot. Most hotels charge for wifi. Nice
Patio in back with table and chairs for people that like to smoke. Free parking! I would definitley go back to this hotel again. Dorothy/USA

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Public areas were clean enough, didn't think to check shower cubicle till I was about to get in it, I didn't !!! We were visiting with friends on their first trip to Glasgow, didn't impress them.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed at the Ambassador because we couldn't get in at the Bellhaven where we generally stay. We visit Glasgow every year for 'Whisky Live'.
The location is fantastic, just behind the Botanic Gardens. The room wasn't massive, but was clean. There was plenty of hanging space and drawers for clothing. Plenty of tea, coffee, sugar and milk in the room and a hairdryer that worked. We stayed for 2 nights in total and were very comfortable. The Breakfast on both mornings was very hot, freshly cooked and very nice.
We are in Glasgow again in November, so have booked into the Ambassador again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Firstly, I wouldn't call this a hotel but a guest house. If you were only staying for one night you wouldn't notice that the room or en-suite are never cleaned, only tidied, but I stayed for a week. The traffic noise from the nearby main road into the city centre never stops. A great pity as the location next to the lovely Botanic Gardens in the West End is very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We were transferred over from a sister hotel on arrival. Were promised an upgrade for the inconvenience but were put in an attic room which was tiny. There was only a small area of the room that my husband could stand up straight in! Shower head was broken and the water was luke warm. The cooked breakfast was dried up and of very inferior quality and we all had to squeeze passed each other with our hot drinks when you wanted refills as the dispenser was on the bar. We also waited ages to be served. The Reception was unmanned as we checked out so there was no one around to complain to. I wrote to the hotel with these complaints and although they replied, they did not in any way address them and they certainly did not apologise. Would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple