I often use Premier Inn as I travel a fair bit.
I have to say, the Charing Cross inn was great!
I stayed in February 2013, for two nights with my partner. For £59 a night, the room was fab! comfy double bed with extra bedding and pillows, lots of lighting, a very clean shower, toilet and bath and great heating controls.
Positive points (11+!)
- The fantastic staff and reception, quick and easy check-in and check-out process, good food and atmosphere, sleep quality, the excellent view of glasgow, modern and functional rooms (includes hairdryer, lots of towels and bedding, and kettle), the safety, quietness, security and comfort of rooms and building. Very pleased.
Negative points: (Only two!)
- Slightly grotty bathrooms. NOT dirty - just out of date and discolouring. Perfectly clean but needs updated, as it looks dingy and lets the rest of the room down.
- A little bit noisy in the corridors, and noise can be heard from other rooms. No noise from the outside, but a little noisy inside the building.
Despite being literally metres away from the motorway, their sound-proofing is very good. I slept like a baby! Not much noise at all. The corridor and other residents are a bit noisy, but this is not the hotels fault. Possibly better soundproofing in the rooms?
The location is very good; right on top of Charing Cross train station - excellent for nights out too - The Garage, Campus and Buchanan Galleries just around the corner. Quiet, secure, and comfortable. We felt safe in the room and the reception was open 24/7.
The staff were absolutely impeccable - one of the main reasons I will be back. The reception girls and restaurant staff were just fab - very helpful, polite, informative and dressed very smartly. Good sense of humour too! They made me feel comfortable and welcome, I was very impressed. Other staff in hotels I stayed in (Hilton, EasyHotel) have not been as friendly, informative or polite.
The food was very good despite being pretty cheap, and was served quickly. Was great to have as part of our package, no hassle. The whole system is great - booking, checking in and out, adding things to my package, even the cleaning is done while I was out - very handy!
The only thing that lets the rooms down is the bathrooms. Although very functional and tidy, they have not been furnished like the bedrooms have. Having stayed in various different rooms in three different Premier Inns, the Charing Cross bathrooms let the rooms down.
They are slightly grotty and dingy - although they are very clean, the sealant around the tiles and the tiles themselves are a bit dated and dirty looking, just with age I think.
It's not very modern looking, and was a bit of a let down. However, the toilet, sink and tub were very clean, and working perfectly. For £50 - £90, I can't really complain. Functional, but just needs updated. The hallways between rooms are also a bit grotty - the carpet was uneven in some places, with a dodgy off-white paint on the walls. Not very pleasant, but not a major complaint.
I very much enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back. Thank you Premier Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland