and 1 more site!
Ranked #51 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Delhi
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night on my Scotland tour. There is not much to do in hotel. Pros and Cons are mentioned below

Pros
1. Good Location
2. Very good BF, good variety. Something for everyone
3. Comfortable room
4. Clean
5. Tube station just on footsteps
6. Tesco across the road(main way)

Cons
1. Limited internet or you need to pay
2. Not much activity inside hotel
3. Huge rush at the time on Bf hours, so sometimes no way to sit, i have seen people standing and eating as they have to catch their bus.

Room Tip: Take a room on height, you'll get a good view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AnshulDelhi
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our clean hotel, comfortable rooms and our 'All You Can Eat' breakfast met your expectations. We do offer breakfast for four hours every day to our guests which usually helps to spread the volumes of people over the morning, but please be assured we do everything we can to make sure no one leaves hungry.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a city hotel, with the box room to match. I found it very pokey even the TV had been put on the widow sill as there was no where else to put it, the wardrobe such as it was almost unreachable. In this modern world of charging phone it was unbelievable how few plug sockets there were and basically the only useable one could not be used unless you moved the kettle. Front desk efficient but far from friendly, did not try the restaurant as I was driven to escape the closet room. End on a high it was quite, but I would not go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RonA_Plymouth
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible standards and service.

Our Premier Inn is a little off model with being an adapted office building and some of our rooms do vary in size and should you decide to stay with us again please feel free to see if we can help to allocate you a larger room if available. Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Premier Inn hotels in the future.
Oban, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

check in iv had better service in a teo star, couldnt find my booking, was asked if i had stayed before then she welcomes me to the hotel, went to my room not the biggest room for a dbl room thn only to find one set of towels for two people, i would have phoned down to reception but after the welcome i got i thot we would just struggle, then the menu look nice so i phoned reception to see if they done room servie the reply i got was yes we do would you like me to put you through to restaurant i siad ill phone back they then told me when you are ready phone the restaurant and gave me the ext number. when food was ready got phone back to tell me to come and pick up the food went down to pick it up the two staff that i spoke to in first caes in each where the most unhelpful people i have ever seen workin in a customer focused place. the waiter that finaly served me took ma payment neva knew wot meal deal i had selected thn whn he went to bar he had to ask for the drinks one pepsi and one diet (due to being diabetic) the bar staff had to get told to put in different glasses to tel the difference. got to my room with the waiter help due to havin two trays. when i went to open my meals which where wrapped up in tinfoil on dirty trays. burger where the most mingin iv ever had went out to get proper food. neva went for breakfast in morning due to the minging food that was given at nite. i only noticed the cleaniness of the toilets in the morning there was dried feaces on the back of the door so on check out the receptionist was on the phone so i was willing to wait she asked while still on the phone if i was checking out i replied yes and then asked if everything was ok i replied with saying about the feaces on the wall and she neva replied. and for sleep if u like u room warm or cold u can use air con only if u want a fan noise the whole tym and worn out carpets. i dont think ill go back gere neva mind any other in the hotel chain.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank skmcm
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received both at check in and in the restaurant. Your comments regarding these have been duly noted and will be followed up with the relevant teams at the hotel.

I really hope that this unfortunate incident has not dissuaded you from staying with one of our Premier Inn hotels in the future. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on: operationsmanager.glasgowcharingcross@whitbread.com. Thank you for your review and apologies once again.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The reason I gave this hotel two stars is only because its close to the train station for conveniency and its next door to a cute, little sandwich shop called Lunch Box!! Otherwise, I would have rated them one star for terrible customer service.

We got to our hotel in the am so we dropped off our luggage. Well after coming back, we wanted to ck in and get luggage. Lady at desk had a terrible attitude with us like we faked our reservation BC she couldn't find our name in their paperwork. We showed her our claim ticket for our luggages and she's still there, pissed off looking for paperwork. We said 'well if u get our luggages, we can get our confirmation papers'. She's still there, looking for it and finally she snatches our claim tickets. She gets our bags, we give her paperwork and finally she finds us and starts smiling and says she couldn't find us because my last name was attached to my middle name. Ummmm.... If she saw my last name first, wouldn't she see my first name too?

Second day, we were waiting forever for our tour bus driver and we asked a different lady to look up their number so we can call them. She refused and said 'we have other customers to tend to.' That was just HORRIBLE!!

In the room, I asked if I can get more towels, she told me to come get it!! that is the first time I've ever been told to get my own towels. And when I did, I asked her for two sets, since it was me and my friend in the room. She says no but when she opens the closet, there are tons of towels in front of her! Omg horrible.

Other issues:
Room extremely two small for two people (double standard)
Internet is only 30 min. What can you do for 30 min?
There is no lobby area to sit down
Bathroom is not that great; need, more shelf space, tub too high

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dtblanco
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to offer a high standard of quality and service, and I am extremely disappointed that on this occasion we failed to do so. Please be assured that your feedback is much valued by us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. I do hope that you had managed to share this feedback on your visit, and if not I would be more than happy to look further in to this for you. Please feel free to get in contact with any further details and your booking reference number and I will be happy to investigate more for you.

Thank you once again for your review and I apologise that all was not up to our usual standards on this visit.

Kind Regards,

Jamie Cattigan
operationsmanager.glasgowcharingcross@whitbread.com
Moray, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Have stayed in this hotel on several occasions now and each time the quality of the room varies greatly! From a lovely big airy corner room on the 10th floor, beautiful views and a raised bed to dirty, damp cramped rooms that we just refused to stay in! Luckily they swapped our rooms all 3 times we complained but once the room we were sent too was actually worse, with rubbish and dirty bed sheets. Once the manager had come up and witnessed the state for himself, we then got a huge room on a higher floor with our full money refund with their 'best night sleep' promise. Last time we were there they were apparently slowly doing up each and every room, so I hope this is the case as this is one of the best budget hotels in the city centre, great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LadyPenelopeMc
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted to hear that you find us 'one of the best budget hotels in the city'. Your comments will be very well received by all our team, as they are committed to giving our guests the best possible service.

With being an off model Premier Inn we do have different style rooms on offer, however for all future bookings you have with us please feel free to call in advance where we will be happy to do our best to allocate you one of our larger rooms if available. I am glad to hear also that our team helped looked after you recently and used our Good Night Guarantee to ensure that we restored your faith in us where we didn't quite meet the normal standards.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The best thing about Premier Inn is consistency I have yet to find a disappointing room
This is a very convenient city centre location ,with many eating places close by to suit every
palate and budget... first choice for me.

Breakfast average+

Very handy sandwich shop THE LUNCH BOX ,opposite the entrance ,very clean ,friendly
staff, ideal for breakfast on the hoof ...

Room Tip: It is a city centre hotel , don't expect to through open the windows and have a quiet night...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 1amnotanumber
We are delighted that your stay with Glasgow City Charing Cross Premier Inn met your usual Premier Inn expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests consistantly. Our location is very convenient for all to do in Glasgow and glad that you found this ideal for your visit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to deliver the best service. We do look forward to welcoming your back to Premier Inn in the future.
Armoy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just back from a three night stay in Glasgow, picked this hotel because of its proximity to Sauchiehall street and it did not disappoint. Our room was on the 12th floor with great views over the city. About a 10-15 minute dander from the shops and Buchanan Galleries shopping centre. Didn't eat or drink in this hotel but can definitely recommend Yates' and Wetherspoons which are both just a few minutes walk away. Room cleaned and towels changed every day which is unusual for a hotel this size!
Will definitely be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynsey217
Thanks for your review of Glasgow City Charing Cross Premier Inn. It is great that our clean hotel and great location met your expectations and giving great value. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in all our establishments and your feedback helps us focus on doing this. Thanks again for your review and we are delighted to hear that you will definitely be returning to us on your next visit to Glasgow - we look forward to welcoming you back!