Generally this is my first choice of hotel to stay in Glasgow when I visit as the location is excellent for the theatre, shops & the Mitchell Library as I am doing research for my family tree and this hotel is the closest there is. I know I usually tend to book when the rates are low as I can usually pick and choose when I wish to stay. I was so looking forward to returning as my previous stays have been excellent and the staff so accommodating. This time as my title says, mmm!, there was just something, generally in the past on asking for an iron and ironing board the response is "yes of course, we'll get one right up to you". This time I asked for an iron and ironing board, the response was "do you want it right now?", as though it was a bother.
I also found the breakfast staff a tad mmmm!, not as friendly as others used to be. It just didn't feel as friendly as it has done in the past. Of course I did notice that this time round most of the staff were totally different throughout the hotel, except for one or two at the breakfast service, not sure why. I feel a tad perturbed as I had intended eating in the restaurant during my stay but due to how I felt about it I decided against it and ate out for the 4 nights I stayed, I was on the 9th floor which I don't mind as I like a good view and this is something this hotel has going for it, the views from the higher floors are excellent. I have to say that this time I noticed that the room does seem a tad dated...I was wondering if perchance this is because there is new P.I., opened at the other end of Sauchiehall Street and therefore this one is kind of the Cinderella of the outfit now...Sorry if that sounds bad but the thought is there.
I found the housekeeping lady on my floor very helpful and friendly, also the gentleman on reception on the night I asked for extra teabags very nice and chatty.
I actually love this hotel on general and feel quite upset that it didn't quite live up to my usual standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland