My girls bought this for Christmas, lovely gift, the 2 days Friday 14th and Saturday 15th February, So we thought great break, good time and one of the hotels we have not stayed in before. Travelled down from Aberdeen got taxi to hotel as was not sure where it was, On arrival the reception was busy but the staff dealt with it well, its a 12th storey hotel we were given 9th floor(924) but that's no problem. Entering the room it is very small even for a budget hotel, bathroom the smallest we have ever seen, and the so-called King-Size Hypnos Bed WAS NOT!
It was a 3/4 bed with no Hypnos mattress and certainally not enough room to swing a cat ? ! ? !
I do not know how old the hotel is but it looks as it needs a re-furbish before now . As it was Valentines my wife and I went to the restaurant for a meal as weather was dreadful(rain & snow)
decided to order the meal deal good value( 3 course dinner & eat as much as you can Breakfast) for £23 each , the restaurant was quite busy but got table right away ! All staff running about like headless chickens !!!!! Surely extra staff on because of the day and big parties of dance group children ? ? ? Bad Management Eh ! But the staff working the restaurant that night did everything to please the customer, I know because I work in the trade as a Head Chef, the food was good ,tasty and well presented as well as being hot . Could not sleep that night because of the bed and that has never happened before, I always get a good nights sleep in a Premier Inn and even my wife who can sleep anywhere did not sleep to well either. Went to the close by shops of the plenty as it is close to Sauchiehall street and all the centres(walking in 10mins) on Saturday had plenty of food to eat during the day so did not eat in the restaurant that night , so stayed in room to watch T.V. only to be disturbed by the room next door heaps of screaming females( ok fair enough its Saturday night) but at 3:45am it started again with party poppers ,slamming doors and loud giggles and laughing so yet again not much sleep ! ! ! The room very hot asked cleaner if she could open windows as we could not but nobody did anything to help us there. Went for Breakfast Sunday morning beautiful well organised plenty staff (if not maybe too many) well -cooked and presented again very tasty. As I had a foot operation in December I need room at table for my Air-Boot and there is plenty.
Was going to complain about the room but reception very busy as we left at 11am Sunday .
"They say a good hotel needs great staff " but the staff are let down by a tired and run-down hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland