Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, especially on arrival. Room was clean, large and comfortable. Very little outside noise. Location was central city but tucked away from heavy traffic flow.
The breakfast was OK and again staff were attentive and helpful. Bar prices were a little higher than expected but not exorbitant.
Overall I would stay there again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn Charing Cross. Your feedback is very important to us and we are pleased that overall your stay met your expectations and you were comfortable. We were delighted to hear that you found our team to be both friendly and helpful. Thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Recently stayed here for one night due to its convenient location. Check in was simple and the reception staff were lovely and pleasant. Rooms were fine but the only thing missing was an iron! the Beds were really comfy- A much appreciated good nights sleep. we were on the 9th floor and had a nice view of the city. the variety on offer for breakfast was good. however the hot food was not nice. i simply ate it because i was hungry which was a bit appointing. All in all a good hotel the only let down being breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Booked this hotel because of it's close proximity to the C.C.A. in Sauchiehall Street,where my student son had a function to attend.
The twin-bedded room on the first floor was okay-fairly basic,compact,functional,
clean&tidy;but to be honest a little bit shabby and careworn round the edges.
The"city view"from the window was that of a busy office block across the quad,so
not much in the way of privacy unless the curtains are drawn.
However,the central location can't be faulted,and it's easy to find your bearings from there to other central areas of interest.Nearby Sauchiehall Street has no end of a variety of eating places-you're literally spoiled for choice!
The beds were comfortable,and we were surprised that there was no exterior noise
considering the hotel's situation.
Unfortunately it became obvious the rooms are NOT so well insulated from one another
as I was woken in the early hours by what sounded like the nocturnal mating calls of Tinkerbell and Billy Goat Gruff in an adjacent room.They were also indulging in a(very audible)bit of "slap&tickle", and it would've been entertaining if I wasn't so tired.Thankfully ,I had a set of earplugs to hand to block out the theatrics and resume slumber.My son,was blessedly inebriated,so slept through it all.
All in all,an okay stay,despite above incident which could've happened anywhere really.Also found staff at reception and in the bar ,pleasant,personable&helpful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in this premier inn for two nights over the weekend. Upon arrival, reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was very nice. The first night was great. I left the 'do not disturb' sign on my door and received a note from housekeeping to phone reception if I required my room to be cleaned before 2pm. I phoned reception around 12pm and was told that as housekeeping was on that floor I should go and find them and ask them to clean the room. I eventually found a member of housekeeping staff and when I asked him about getting my room cleaned I was met with a dirty look and all he said was 'That's not my room'. I kind of assumed he would let the relevant housekeeper know that I would like my room cleaned, but when I returned I found that it had not been cleaned.

The hair dryer and desk lamp in my room did not work, so I had to go to business meetings with wet hair and also the room was extremely cold. I phoned reception requesting a new hairdryer but they said they did not have any.

On the Saturday night I was awoken three times by laughter and the sounds of a nearby party. I phoned reception to report it, but by the sounds of it very little was done. I spoke to the receptionist upon checkout this morning and was told the night staff had not reported any noise complaints on the eleventh floor. However, I was told I would receive an email with a refund today for the saturday night in compliance with the 'good night guarantee' however I have received nothing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards and I would like to look in to this further for you. Can I please ask that you email me your details and reservation number and I will be happy to follow this up with you.

Kind Regards,

Jamie Cattigan
operationsmanager.glasgowcharingcross@whitbread.com

Reviewed 22 March 2014

My family and I had a great stay at this hotel in February half term.It was very close to the city centre and we were 5 minutes walking distance to the garage nightclub where we were going to see The Strypes that evening so it was handy for getting back to at night.The staff were very friendly and helpful (especially helpful as my hubby lost our parking ticket for the multistorey carpark next door which we parked our car there overnight),they helped us sort it out.Our room was spotless,comfy and quiet at night.We would without doubt stop there again and enjoy the lovely city of Glasgow.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross). It's so good to hear you and your family had a great stay with us and that our location was spot on for the areas you needed to visit. The Team are delighted you found them to be very friendly and helpful and thank you for taking the time to note this in your review. We're glad to see you will be returning on your next trip to Glasgow, we look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Staff were friendly. Comfy room. Breakfast was decent as well and a hand location for what I need. Premier Inn are usually the best of the budget chains and this one was pretty much as expected. No complaints at all.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good value and convenient location (Charing Cross station very close). Checking in and out was very quick and straightforward. Rooms fairly small but had all the basics well covered and beds were comfortable. Breakfasts were reasonable - normal choice but sausages looked very under cooked. Coffee was good.