I always stay in premier inns while traveling because you know what you will get ... this is not the case with this hotel. The first room we were given had the smallest "double" bed I've ever seen. The room itself was like a cabin on a boat. I Actually started to feel pretty clostrapobic in this room.thankfully the friendly staff moved us to a larger room and admitted that this was an old hotel and didn't conform to standards set. Can I mention that you do not get told this while booking.
The room we got moved to is larger however much like the rest of the hotel its dirty. The carpet is the first thing you notice. It is long past dew a change out. It seems the staff have given up with it as all edges are very dusty. There is dust on everything. There is no plugs next to the bed being everyone now has phones this seems an oversight.
On to the worst. The bed... a comfortable night this is not. The bed is 2 singles pushed together each with their own separate mattress I keep finding my self falling into the gap in the middle . In one side the mattress is bigger than the base ands when I moreover there the whole bed falls to the floor. The mattresses are hard rock hard nothing like the normal comfy mattresses I'm used to . Pillows supplied are the same . All in room furniture is chipped and damaged. TV doesn't work either some broke pixels and a remote half works. The bathroom reminds me of a primary school bathroom from the 90s . There is an awful smell that seeps into the main room from the bathroom which is very off putting. I'm not sure why this hotel is allowed to operate under the brand but it is not what I've come to expect . I would never stay here again and will have to think twice about using the brand in general.
Ive 2 more night in this hotel and I'm really not sure I can stick it the smell is the worst .i may book in else where and request my "it wasn't a good night sleep" refund
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland