Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner yesterday for one night.
We booked a double room, but, wait for it, we got two single beds pushed together!!
I felt cheated! Was very uncomfortable and I did not sleep well at all!
To top it off, upon arrival, the bed was not even made up! We had to do it outself!
The staff obviously don't care here.

I also have to laugh, because as I type this review, a Premier Inn advert is on, with Lenney Henry in a DOUBLE BED. Not two singles pushed together.

Not sure I'd return unless the hotel could provide me with a double bed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JasonBee22
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am deeply sorry to hear that you had an issue with your bed and that room was not as should have been for your arrival.

In our hotel we have Double and Super King Size beds between our rooms. Our Super King size are made up of two single beds connected together. This gives us the flexibility to adapt to guests needs more should they require occupancy as a double or twin set up, allowing us to accommodate all various types of bookings.

I apologise that you found the bed in your allocated room not to be up to standard and that it caused you not to sleep well during your stay. Hopefully you managed to raise this with our Reception Team during your stay. However if you would like me to look further in to this I would be more than happy to, if I ask that you contact me with further details and your reservation details and dates and I will be happy to get back to you.

operationsmanager.glasgowcharingcross@whitbread.com

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have just checked out after a five night stay from South Wales for business reasons. I must say that I am extremely disappointed with this Premier Inn. It is situated in a poor part of the city right next to a lap dancing club. However, this did not affect my stay. Obviously, this is not a fault of the hotel. The first room I was allocated was extremely small with shabby furniture (room 405). I was unable to face a 5 night stay in this room and asked to be moved. The receptionist Kenneth was very helpful and despite the hotel being full, he went over and above to organise this. The second room (601) was better in size, but this is where it ended. The bathroom constantly smelt of cigarette smoke, the windows were filthy, the furniture was chipped and shabby. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. Two lumpy beds clipped together, with a sticking up ridge in the middle. My back is killing me!!

Last night was dreadful, there were dozens of screaming girls running riot on my floor for most of the night. I rang reception initially at 1:30am to be told that there are staff patrolling the hotel and it would be dealt with. No consolation if you have to get up at 6:30am for work. The situation did not improve and I have had a sleepless night. This morning I was told there was a pop concert last night and the girls were 'excitable'.

:-(

I was asked how my stay was this morning when checking out and could only say the truth. I was offered a refund for last night, but this is no consolation to me, as the money will be refunded directly to my employer!!! So all in all, I'm not happy. I work for a large Government organisation and we use these hotels a lot. Unfortunately, I will have to recommend that we cease using this one.

In conclusion, I must say that the staff were very nice, friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review on your stay whilst away from home on business. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet the usual high standards that Premier Inn thrive to deliver to all our guests.

Our hotel does have different sized rooms and I apologise that the first room allocated was not suitable for the duration of your stay. However I am glad to see that Kenneth was very helpful in resolving this for you, but apologise that you found it to be of poor standard. Please be assured I will discuss your feedback with our Housekeeping and Property Team.

I was also sorry to hear that you were keep awake by noise from other guests around your room. We do have team on duty during the night to help patrol the building and reduce any possible noise disturbance and sorry to hear that this was not caught in time before it disturbed your sleep.

I am glad to see that you got the opportunity to speak with our Reception Team and give your feedback already, and happy to see that our Good Night Guarantee was used to try help resolve this - albeit I understand your issue regarding your company being reimbursed.

If there is anything else I can do to help resolve this for you please do not hesitate to get in contact with details on your reservation and I will be sure to look in to this for you.

Also thank you for your kind words on our Team being friendly and helpful, and great to see that you managed to start your day with a good breakfast too.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed for 1 night & found it was value for money. I walked from Buchanan Bus Station which was approx. 20 min walk then I made another 20 min walk to where I was going to catch a show. I like to walk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Premier Inn Glasgow Charing Cross. It's great to see you got great value for money during your stay and thank you for all your top ratings on all aspects of your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

went to glasgow for wwe wrestling and had a great night the hotel is wonderful very good clean and quick service would recommended to any one. had breakfast and it was great
good service and had good choices travelled with the wife and two kids and the room was catered for the whole famaly two beds for kids and double bed for us great night sleep as well no noise hotel is very quiet

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you and your family had a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you found our hotel to be very clean and the Team to provide an efficient service.

Nice too to see you got your next morning off to a great start with our 'all you can eat' premier breakfast! Hope the Wrestling was just as good as your review on us!

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my friend at the weekend on a trip to see Wicked at the King's Theatre. Great location for this plus many different places to eat. Room was clean and comfortable, staff were very professional and friendly and breakfast was excellent. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kix1980

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel whilst you went to the Kings Theatre. Our location couldn't be any closer for anyone visiting the Kings Theatre - a good thing sometimes with Scottish weather!

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms and our friendly team. Great to see too that you had an excellent breakfast to start off your morning.

Fantastic to see that you would recommend our hotel and we look forward to hopefully seeing you back on your next trip to Glasgow!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

One night stop for early business appointment next day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Meals were excellent. Would definitely use it again.
Try it out

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anne W

Fantastic to see you had such a comfortable stay with us. Top marks for our Rooms, our Team and our Restaurant is very much appreciated. We are glad to know that we helped make your short trip away from home a more relaxing and enjoyable experience for you. Thanks again and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This place simply fails to impress. However at circa £50 for a double room it isn't bad value - and not over-priced either. Pokey room which was most claustrophobic, basic breakfast with cardboard 'vegetarian' sausages, and all the atmosphere of Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital. Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards and identify any needs for development.

I can see from your reviews that you previously stayed with us early last year and hopefully you were aware for this visit that our rooms sizes are slightly different from purpose built Premier Inns. I will also be sure to feedback with our Kitchen Team on your comments regarding breakfast.

I really hope that this has not dissuaed you from returning to one of our many other Premier Inns over the country on your next trip away from home, it's great to see you are a fan of the brand. Thank you again for your review and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to get in contact.