“Excellent value and 5* customer service”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Cheshire
“Excellent value and 5* customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn when attending a concert at the SSE Hydro. We secured a very good room rate and had an excellent stay. We arrived early but the staff were very happy to store our luggage in a locked room until we were able to check-in. Unfortunately we had a problem checking in and were allocated an already occupied room. Our key didn't let us into the room but it was a bit embarrassing when another guest opened the door from inside! It appeared that the hotel were having a problem with their systems which had caused this to happen, and although we had no issue with it, they were extremely apologetic and gave us free breakfast the next morning, as well as a significant discount on our dinner bill - neither of which we asked for or expected. A fantastic gesture which we appreciated though. Our family room on the 10th floor was excellent - a double bed and two singles, all really comfortable and clean. We didn't hear any noise from elsewhere. Both dinner and breakfast in the hotel were very good, with efficient and very friendly staff at all times. The reception staff were happy to phone taxis for us whenever we needed them and we never waited long. However, beware if you are attending a concert at the SSE Hydro as we waited for more than an hour for a taxi after the show - certainly not the fault of the hotel but something to be aware of. I believe it's not far to walk back to the hotel from the SSE but we were unsure of the way and had a young child with us. Overall we had an excellent stay which was hugely enhanced by the lovely staff throughout the hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: High floors offer a good view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review on your stay and our Team. The Team really do try to make every guest's experience a relaxing and enjoyable one and it's fantastic to see that you have taken the time to acknowledge this, they will be delighted! Apologies again for the little mix up at check in but great to see the Team managed to resolve this for you and you enjoyed the rest of your stay with a pleasant visit to our restaurant and hopefully a great nights sleep too. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were in glasgow for one night only, just for a concert at the hydro.

It was really close from the venue and the price was ok, so we choose the premier inn for that.
We were in the 9th floor, so I thought it would be ok for noise... but it wasnt really. You can hear all the cars and traffic even that high, what it was kinda disturbing.

ANyway, around 3 pm I called the reception to request an iron. I tried to call at least 4 times, no one would answer. When I finally got someone on the phone they said that they would send an iron.... but I had to call again after 30 minutes, because no one came. It was hard to get someone to answer the phone again, anyway, after that second call we got an iron in 10 minutes.

The room was really small and the bed not that comfortable.. it was really high but the mattress was very thin and hard.

Dont think I would go for Premier Inn again, Sometimes is better to pay a little bit more to be more comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manoela M
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay. It is always our main aim to ensure every guest has a clean and comfortable stay delivered with high standards by our Team, and I apologise that this was not the case for your visit.

I was sorry to see that the external traffic noise disturbed you during your stay. We do provide secondary glazing in all our bedrooms to hopefully prevent this, however I apologise if this did not help for the room you were in during your visit.

I am also sorry of the inconvenience you had trying to get an iron to use. Our reception area can be really busy from time to time, especially when large concerts are on in the area in everyone arrives early to get off to a good start for their night. I will however be sure to pick this up with the reception team to hopefully prevent a repeat of your issue in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback and please be assured I will look in to all your issues raised with my Team. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact with further details and I will be happy to help.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed one night with friends attending a concert. On arrival, it was noted that we were on different floors, the reception staff kindly and happily upgraded me to a bigger room on the same floor as them. Great view across the city from the 10th floor. Comfortable, clean, quiet, and 2 streets away from Sauchiehall Street's bars. Can't comment on food/drink as we didn't use the bars, but there's a Tesco Express close by for any essentials and Charing Cross station is underneath.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor for great views :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for leaving such a great review. It's great to see that you had such an awesome stay with us and that our Team managed to accommodate your stay more by moving around a few rooms for you.

It is also great to see that your stay was clean, comfortable and quiet and that our location suited you well during your visit.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Aviemore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We came on 15th of May to see McBusted and loved our stay! It was me and a friend who came, and first impressions were that it was a nice hotel - looked clean and everyting, which is great. The staff made it go from an "alright" hotel to a lovely hotel. The one who stood out in particular was this young girl with curly hair and was in-training. We forgot to catch her name but, you'll know her by her hair. It's fabulous. Her and the rest of the staff were really welcoming and so helpful! They helped us work out the transport system, were so friendly and put up with us gushing about mcbusted the next day. You have to check out at 11am, but when we told them that we were shopping in Glasgow that day, they offered to keep our bags there so we didn't have to carry them around for hours. I thought I might have left my ID in the room, and they were so good at helping me find it (it was in my bag, but still, they didn't know that). Really amazing staff, the rooms were nice and you get treated as an individual. Top notch service. Also, there's a guy who works at reception who seems to love McBusted as much as me, my friend and the girl with curly hair do, so we love him too. Brilliant hotel, wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow, ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for such a glowing review of our hotel, and mostly on our Team! The Team really do try to go that extra mile for all our guests and it is so great to see that you appreciated this during your stay and that they helped make it go from and alright experience to a lovely one!

We really hope you had a great time and also enjoyed McBusted just as much. Thanks again for the fantastic review and we're delighted to see you wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow now... we can't wait to welcome you back!
Dundee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner yesterday for one night.
We booked a double room, but, wait for it, we got two single beds pushed together!!
I felt cheated! Was very uncomfortable and I did not sleep well at all!
To top it off, upon arrival, the bed was not even made up! We had to do it outself!
The staff obviously don't care here.

I also have to laugh, because as I type this review, a Premier Inn advert is on, with Lenney Henry in a DOUBLE BED. Not two singles pushed together.

Not sure I'd return unless the hotel could provide me with a double bed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JasonBee22
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am deeply sorry to hear that you had an issue with your bed and that room was not as should have been for your arrival.

In our hotel we have Double and Super King Size beds between our rooms. Our Super King size are made up of two single beds connected together. This gives us the flexibility to adapt to guests needs more should they require occupancy as a double or twin set up, allowing us to accommodate all various types of bookings.

I apologise that you found the bed in your allocated room not to be up to standard and that it caused you not to sleep well during your stay. Hopefully you managed to raise this with our Reception Team during your stay. However if you would like me to look further in to this I would be more than happy to, if I ask that you contact me with further details and your reservation details and dates and I will be happy to get back to you.

South Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have just checked out after a five night stay from South Wales for business reasons. I must say that I am extremely disappointed with this Premier Inn. It is situated in a poor part of the city right next to a lap dancing club. However, this did not affect my stay. Obviously, this is not a fault of the hotel. The first room I was allocated was extremely small with shabby furniture (room 405). I was unable to face a 5 night stay in this room and asked to be moved. The receptionist Kenneth was very helpful and despite the hotel being full, he went over and above to organise this. The second room (601) was better in size, but this is where it ended. The bathroom constantly smelt of cigarette smoke, the windows were filthy, the furniture was chipped and shabby. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. Two lumpy beds clipped together, with a sticking up ridge in the middle. My back is killing me!!

Last night was dreadful, there were dozens of screaming girls running riot on my floor for most of the night. I rang reception initially at 1:30am to be told that there are staff patrolling the hotel and it would be dealt with. No consolation if you have to get up at 6:30am for work. The situation did not improve and I have had a sleepless night. This morning I was told there was a pop concert last night and the girls were 'excitable'.

:-(

I was asked how my stay was this morning when checking out and could only say the truth. I was offered a refund for last night, but this is no consolation to me, as the money will be refunded directly to my employer!!! So all in all, I'm not happy. I work for a large Government organisation and we use these hotels a lot. Unfortunately, I will have to recommend that we cease using this one.

In conclusion, I must say that the staff were very nice, friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving a review on your stay whilst away from home on business. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet the usual high standards that Premier Inn thrive to deliver to all our guests.

Our hotel does have different sized rooms and I apologise that the first room allocated was not suitable for the duration of your stay. However I am glad to see that Kenneth was very helpful in resolving this for you, but apologise that you found it to be of poor standard. Please be assured I will discuss your feedback with our Housekeeping and Property Team.

I was also sorry to hear that you were keep awake by noise from other guests around your room. We do have team on duty during the night to help patrol the building and reduce any possible noise disturbance and sorry to hear that this was not caught in time before it disturbed your sleep.

I am glad to see that you got the opportunity to speak with our Reception Team and give your feedback already, and happy to see that our Good Night Guarantee was used to try help resolve this - albeit I understand your issue regarding your company being reimbursed.

If there is anything else I can do to help resolve this for you please do not hesitate to get in contact with details on your reservation and I will be sure to look in to this for you.

Also thank you for your kind words on our Team being friendly and helpful, and great to see that you managed to start your day with a good breakfast too.

Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed for 1 night & found it was value for money. I walked from Buchanan Bus Station which was approx. 20 min walk then I made another 20 min walk to where I was going to catch a show. I like to walk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Premier Inn Glasgow Charing Cross. It's great to see you got great value for money during your stay and thank you for all your top ratings on all aspects of your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!