We stayed at the Premier Inn when attending a concert at the SSE Hydro. We secured a very good room rate and had an excellent stay. We arrived early but the staff were very happy to store our luggage in a locked room until we were able to check-in. Unfortunately we had a problem checking in and were allocated an already occupied room. Our key didn't let us into the room but it was a bit embarrassing when another guest opened the door from inside! It appeared that the hotel were having a problem with their systems which had caused this to happen, and although we had no issue with it, they were extremely apologetic and gave us free breakfast the next morning, as well as a significant discount on our dinner bill - neither of which we asked for or expected. A fantastic gesture which we appreciated though. Our family room on the 10th floor was excellent - a double bed and two singles, all really comfortable and clean. We didn't hear any noise from elsewhere. Both dinner and breakfast in the hotel were very good, with efficient and very friendly staff at all times. The reception staff were happy to phone taxis for us whenever we needed them and we never waited long. However, beware if you are attending a concert at the SSE Hydro as we waited for more than an hour for a taxi after the show - certainly not the fault of the hotel but something to be aware of. I believe it's not far to walk back to the hotel from the SSE but we were unsure of the way and had a young child with us. Overall we had an excellent stay which was hugely enhanced by the lovely staff throughout the hotel. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland