Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although I found the staff helpful and the evening menu fine I was very disappointed with my room which was to say the least small and pokey. We were there over Easter and during that time are room was not cleaned. I had to be up early in the morning and was unable breakfast before going as the breakfast time was far too late.

Overall a very disappointing stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review on your stay over Easter. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. At Premier Inn we strive to ensure every guest has a clean and comfortable room and all delivered with a high level of service.

It was reassuring to see you found our Team to be helpful and that you enjoyed your evening meal in our restaurant. I apologise the room size was not suitable for you on your stay and that your room was not serviced during your stay. We do have different sized rooms at this hotel with being a converted office block, therefore is off model to a standard built Premier Inn. Should you choose to stay again please feel free to call in advance where we can try to allocate you a larger room if possible.

Our breakfast times are 6:30-10:30am during the week and 7:00-11:30am at the weekends. Ideally these times fit most peoples requirements but for any future stays at Premier Inns if this does not meet please feel free to ask if we could do you something out of hours, should this perhaps be a packed lunch style, we would be happy to try accommodate this for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a room on the 11th floor, which had great views. My room was a little tired and small, I have a good comparison, since I've stayed at 2 other Premier Inn hotels this year. The room was noisy even with a double layer of windows. Coffee or tea had obviously been spilt down the side of the desk area and not been cleaned up adequately. The bed was not as comfortable as the other two hotels but the pillows were great with a choice of hard or soft. I ate dinner at the hotel, which was acceptable but not great, as I wouldn't want to venture out at night on my own. The waiting staff were very attentive however and should be commended. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible standards and service. It's great to see you found our Team to be attentive and that you found our breakfast to have a great choice on offer - hopefully this got you off to a great start for the day! Apologies though for the small spillage on the desk area, I shall pick this up with our housekeeping team.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback and we will be sure to pick up on the issues you raised.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel is conveniently located, right next to the train station. However the room was very small and needed updating. I have stayed in many premier inn hotels and this one needs money spending on it, the bed was tiny and very uncomfortable. Staff were lovely though and breakfast was good. Average overall, would be worth the money if rooms were better

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Please be assured your comments have been noted and I will be sure to pass on the feedback regarding updating our bedrooms to our Property Team at Premier Inn. It's great to see you found our Team to be lovely, thank you for kindly commenting on this. Also good to see that you took advantage of our 'all you can eat' breakfast' to start off your day.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to one of our many Premier Inn hotels in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked two bedrooms; a twin and double. Size of Double bedrooms is very small. You can barely move around. Staff weren't helpful when you ask them to move you to a different floor. Air condition in the room broke down but never got looked into for 2 days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing due to one of the room sizes and air conditioning issues.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the Team were not helpful in your request. If we can move any guests rooms we would always try our best, however sometimes due to high occupnacy this is not always possible or suitable to have rooms together for some parties.

Hopefully the Team were able to resolve this with you during your stay, however if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact with your booking details and I will be happy to look further in to this for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have stayed here before so chose it again for handy location on a single night stay.

Good location for west end of Glasgow or SECC. Parking available although not terribly cheap.

Staff are very helpful as you'd expect from Prem Inn.

The rooms are probably a bit smaller than you usually get from the chain but they're clean and have everything you need for a stopover. Price is very reasonable.

Would be happy to stay again, as long as the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for your review. Its great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at Glasgow City Charing Cross Premier Inn. It remains our main objective to provide a high standard of service and we’re so pleased you feel we achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn very soon. Thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night last week when going to a gig at The Hydro. Chose the hotel because it is right beside Charing Cross Station so were able to travel there direct by train from home. Also, The Hydro is within easy walking distance. Lovely room on the 9th floor with views over the city and beyond. Not disturbed by any traffic noise at that level. Very helpful and friendly staff in the hotel. Did not eat in the hotel because there are a couple of places just outside the front door. This hotel is also just round the corner from the King's Theatre and Sauchiehall Street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your lovely review. We were delighted to read your comments, its fantastic to hear that we contributed towards making your visit to Glasgow such a nice time and we hope you enjoyed the concert too! We look forward to see you again soon on your next trip to the city and thank you once again for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

As a lone woman traveller. I was given a small shabby room at the top of what I can only describe as a run down tower block ,clearly didn't follow their lone traveller policy here . I could hear the motorway all night ,when I entered the hotel a male was lounging and smoking on the steps it's right next to a dodgy looking train station and a lap dancing club right outside . Women beware this is not the place to stay if you want to feel safe

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dolly D

Thank you for your review. Please be assured we take the security of all our guests very seriously, and we have several measures and policies in place to help on this. We also work closely with other businesses in the area to help increase lighting, cleanliness and safety around the entrance to our hotel. I am sorry that you felt this was not achieved on your stay. We visit these procedures regularly to ensure constant guest safety and please be assured I will be happy to look more in to your feedback for future prevention.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and I hope that this has not dissuaded you from choosing to return to one of our many Premier Inn hotels in the future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.