Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
US$402
US$323
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$168
Orbitz.com
US$188
US$172
2,468 results
All reviewskings theatremitchell librarycity centresauchiehall streettrain stationcar park next doorcorner roommeal dealbudget hotelgood nights sleepreception staffstayed here for two nightstwin roomnight's sleepwould stay againcomfy bedwest end
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff were quite pleasant and welcoming but did not correctly enter my details in which meant a trip up to my room and then back down before i could actually use my room after a long drive not what I wanted. The food was average and compared with what was on offer in Glasgow city centre expensive. The bedroom was cold, furniture has seen better days and the tv had limited amount on offer. I have used this chain across the country and this was the worst I have stayed in, my next visit to Glasgow is only a week away and I have not booked with them. . On the positive side it is in a good position to see the sites of Glasgow especially if like me on short business trip

Room Tip: Choose a floor higher up and within the 'quiet zone'
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jamie C, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise that all was not up to the usual high Premier Inn standards on this visit. Please be assured I will take on the issues you raised in your review and investigate as to what had happened.

Hopefully you managed to raise these issues with the Team during your stay and any action taken to resolve this for you at the time. Apologies once again and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact with your booking details and any further information.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Where do i start?The breakfast was perfect,very nice but thats about it.I was stuck in a room opposite a huge office building so had to leave my curtains closed all evening,but that didnt matter because the window was bolted shut anyway.For some reason everything is screwed down,the tv, the kettle,even the table was screwed into the bottom of the closet which ment i had to lean across the table to reach the closet.The bed is perfect for anyone on the smaller side but at 6ft i was falling out of the end of the bed.To top it all off i had to pay in full before check in which ment diving to the end of my bag as you need id when paying cash.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.

It was nice to read that you had a perfect breakfast during your stay but sorry to see that the in-room facilities caused you concern during your stay. The items secured in the room are a standard across Premier Inn and the windows are made secure for guest safety with us being a multi storey building. At Premier Inn we have always used payment on arrival, this meaning no queues at check out allowing all guests to get on with their day upon departure - hopefully this helped you have a nice quick and easy check out.

I am sorry you did not find the bed to be suitable for you during your stay. All our beds are Hypnos Mattresses and vary from Single, Double and SuperKing Size at this hotel. Hopefully you managed to speak with the team on this during your stay, as we should have been able to relocate you room depending on occupancy that evening.

Apologies once again and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although I found the staff helpful and the evening menu fine I was very disappointed with my room which was to say the least small and pokey. We were there over Easter and during that time are room was not cleaned. I had to be up early in the morning and was unable breakfast before going as the breakfast time was far too late.

Overall a very disappointing stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review on your stay over Easter. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. At Premier Inn we strive to ensure every guest has a clean and comfortable room and all delivered with a high level of service.

It was reassuring to see you found our Team to be helpful and that you enjoyed your evening meal in our restaurant. I apologise the room size was not suitable for you on your stay and that your room was not serviced during your stay. We do have different sized rooms at this hotel with being a converted office block, therefore is off model to a standard built Premier Inn. Should you choose to stay again please feel free to call in advance where we can try to allocate you a larger room if possible.

Our breakfast times are 6:30-10:30am during the week and 7:00-11:30am at the weekends. Ideally these times fit most peoples requirements but for any future stays at Premier Inns if this does not meet please feel free to ask if we could do you something out of hours, should this perhaps be a packed lunch style, we would be happy to try accommodate this for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a room on the 11th floor, which had great views. My room was a little tired and small, I have a good comparison, since I've stayed at 2 other Premier Inn hotels this year. The room was noisy even with a double layer of windows. Coffee or tea had obviously been spilt down the side of the desk area and not been cleaned up adequately. The bed was not as comfortable as the other two hotels but the pillows were great with a choice of hard or soft. I ate dinner at the hotel, which was acceptable but not great, as I wouldn't want to venture out at night on my own. The waiting staff were very attentive however and should be commended. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible standards and service. It's great to see you found our Team to be attentive and that you found our breakfast to have a great choice on offer - hopefully this got you off to a great start for the day! Apologies though for the small spillage on the desk area, I shall pick this up with our housekeeping team.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback and we will be sure to pick up on the issues you raised.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel is conveniently located, right next to the train station. However the room was very small and needed updating. I have stayed in many premier inn hotels and this one needs money spending on it, the bed was tiny and very uncomfortable. Staff were lovely though and breakfast was good. Average overall, would be worth the money if rooms were better

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Please be assured your comments have been noted and I will be sure to pass on the feedback regarding updating our bedrooms to our Property Team at Premier Inn. It's great to see you found our Team to be lovely, thank you for kindly commenting on this. Also good to see that you took advantage of our 'all you can eat' breakfast' to start off your day.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to one of our many Premier Inn hotels in the future.