if you want a good location this is right next to a railway station, bit further out of the main city centre so either a 20 minute walk or taxi -don't know where the bus stop was so cant advise. great location for motorways too.First room I was given on the second floor was TINY which I asked to change as at £90 was extortionate-was also needing some attention to its shelves and décor. Moved up to the second floor from the top which was huge in comparison, comfortable bed, minimal furnishings and tea facilities (not replenished on second day).Again needed some attention to décor-threadbare carpet! As it overlooks the M8 motorway there is a constant hum of traffic even with extra glazing so take ear plugs if a light sleeper!
Breakfast pleasantly surprised-good choice of cereals (9) with juices (3) Costa coffee machine and hot food constantly topped up. Good quality too. Hotel was fully booked and I felt sorry for girl trying to seat people who were waiting no longer than 5 mins but got irritated with her- believe her name was Brenda (10/10 Brenda! )
Evening meals were very disappointing, expensive for what they were and microwaved to point of inedible (lasagne) salmon was nicer second night but have had a lot better for less money. I gave back the salad it was so tiny with brown edged lettuce. What let the place down too was the constant loud chatter and squealing from kitchen and waitress staff from the back of the restaurant -so bad I moved tables twice to try and avoid. Poor waitress was left on her own to cope in a busy room. meals took too long to appear too due to carry on. Only redeeming points were the comfortable bed and breakfast. I would stay again if a cheaper rate was available-but would definitely not eat there, glasgow's full of brilliant places to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland