“Simple & Clean Hotel”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #52 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 15 October 2008

We stayed in Premier Inn for 1 night, the rooms very very clean and in excellent conditions; basic bathroom which did slightly smell like a gym and we also had a good view of Glasgow! It was a very short stay so I cannot say much but from the period I was there and left everything was fine! We paid £59 for a room which I think is reasonable as we did not book it online but just walked in.

Staff were freindly the hotel was quiet, and its located right next to Charing Cross station. The main street is about 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank lubna-begum

Reviewed 29 August 2008

We booked through the city conference bureau and had a terrible hotel experience. We had thought it was good value (66 pounds,$132, for a double, breakfast included), but discovered on the last day that only one breakfast is included, and we need to cough up another $15 per day for the second meal. The dining room staff was friendly, but front desk and housekeeping were indifferent. It's the only hotel I ever stayed at that offered neither an alarm clock or a wake-up service, and I overslept. If it were truly a good value, I could accept the dirty carpet and other shortcomings, but at 74 pounds (nearly $150) it isn't. Also, the neighborhood doesn't feel safe at night, with vagrants hanging around the front entrance. Beware extra charges, including wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank kjh222
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I stopped here for two nights in August 2008. The toilet smelt a bit like a gym, probably due to the lack of extractor fan. Good TV with Freeview and tea making facilities. In the bathroom there was free shower/hair gel but nothing else. Beds were very comfy. But.... the room was rather noisy due to the motorway outside. I would recommend ear plugs (if you don't use these anyway).

Staff were very helpful, and the girls on reception were quite pretty, which is a plus.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I've stayed here a lot of times and if you're looking for somewhere decent to stay, at a cheap price, with a car park right next door, this is the place.

Usual Travel Inn standards, so the room is nice, big breakfast in the morning and also a 12pm check-out!!

As I said, there is a Car Park right next door which cost £3 for a Sat. night.

All in all - I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank astrange4
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I stayed here to see Kylie in July 2008. Luckily a friend of mine picked me up from the airport (Prestwick.. an hour out of Glasgow city) and took me to the hotel, so I'm not sure how easy it is to get to from stations etc. A taxi from the hotel into the city wasn't too bad, but I think there might be nearer hotels to the SECC.

Room was spacious - basic as you'd expect from a Premier Inn but I really liked it. I'm quite fussy and I was fine with this room. A weird corner shape which just made it bigger.

Staff were helpful, I just wish we'd had time to visit the bar!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 3 May 2008

I stayed here for two nights in feb and found the hotel to be adequate and what you would expect for the price. the location is excellent as Charing Cross station is literally at the base of the hotel and the main city cnetre is still only 15 minues walk away. A taxt from Buchannan was cheap too (even though the txaiman wasnt too enthused about such a short trip!). My room was small but had a fine view of the city. The bathroom was extremley clean and had all the necessary items. My only tiny gripe was that the shower curtain was made of some strange paper like material and fllded the bathroom everytime I had a shower! The window in my room was very drafty and I ahd to plu the drafts with towels during the night. I should have complained about that but I didnt fancy moving room, so that is my own fault!
The breakfast was perfect and had all you would expect and the service was prompt and friendly. I had one dinner in their restaurant too which was very handy as I had only just arrived late and didnt know where else to go for food. Meal again was perfect for the £10 or so I paid.
All in all, I would defintely recommend it as a base for visiting the city or for a boozing weekend in Glasgow

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2008

This is the fourth time we've stayed here while atteding concerts or plays in Glasgow. If you are not spending long periods there it is very good value and very conveniently located for the city centre.

As always, reception was speedy and friendly. The room was fine, though a bit smaller than some we have stayed in before here. The hotel is upgarding all the TVs so you get a nice flat-screen LCD with the freeview channels. On previous visits we were facing the motorway but this time we were facing east back into the city centre. This means that instead of the motorway noise (which is constant and just washes over you) you get all the joys of Satuday night revellers till the early hours of the morning. Sadly, we also got drunken people returning noisily in the early hours, shouting, banging doors and putting their TVs on loudly.

Breakfast (£7.50) was excellent as usual