“A Premier Inn let down...”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 July 2014

In recent times we have come across some excellent Premier Inns, this was not one of them.

Will list some things that irritated us... On one side of the bed no cupboard, therefore nowhere to put a clock, book etc, missing shelf in bathroom, could see where it had been... nowhere to put your toiletries, bathroom floor very dirty and stained, this could have easily been rectified with a ten minute proper clean, the bin in bathroom not emptied, teaspoons left dirty, there was a general lack of cleaning and maintenance about the whole room. However, the worst thing ... we arrived back and I was desperate to go to the loo, and there in the loo was a big poo looking at me!! I immediately blamed it on my husband, who assured me he hadn't 'been', nor had I. So, it was either the cleaner or leftover of a previous occupant and had re-surfaced...

We paid £85 a night, plus £8.75 pp for breakfast, this makes it £102.50 a night. Is this supposed to be a budget hotel? They should stop paying all that money for Lenny Henry ads and clean up their act. We have now decided to go back to Travelodge, as the quality of the Premier Inn is about the same as them but their prices are not!

Room Tip: We were on the ninth floor and could not hear any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Shonagh L, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.
At Premier Inn we really do strive to deliver clean and comfortable rooms to all our guests and give them everything they need for a great night's sleep. I sincerely apologise that on this case we have not achieved this. Can I please ask that you get in contact with your reservation details and date you stayed and I will look in to this further.

Apologies once again and I look forward to helping to resolve this for you.

Kind regards,
Shonagh Love
operationsmanager.glasgowcharingcross@whitbread.com

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend....first night I got about 3 hours sleep due to the notice of traffic! Next day I told the receptionist that I thought my window didn't close properly...I was promptly told it did!!
Straight to Boots purchase earplugs for the Sat night!!
The curtain rail fell down twice when I shut the curtains!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene S

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.
I was sorry to hear you were disturbed by the noise of the traffic, if you contact us prior to your arrival we can try and allocate your room towards the back of the Hotel, which is a bit quieter.
I was sorry to read about the response you got from our team on Reception, with regards to your window. I will look in to these comments to ensure all our Guests receive a warm and friendly response, each time the encounter a member of our team.

Thanks once again for you review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We're big fans of Premier Inn and seen huge improvements in recent times. Occasionally something lets the overall impression down and unfortunately this was it.
Staff really friendly and gave us a huge room on quiet side of the building. Spotlessly clean but had thin stud walls so you could hear every conversation next door. Not Premiers fault that we had inconsiderate neighbours who talked and had TV on til late but you do come to expect reasonable soundproofing.
We did tell reception on check out and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first time it had been mentioned.
If George Square is same price, I would stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your comments about our team being really friendly and its great to hear you got a big room on the quieter side of the building. I was really sorry to read your comments regarding your noisy neighbours, our teams walk round our corridors at intervals throughout your stay but I’m sorry we did not pick up on the noise.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel is by motorway in central Glasgow, and up in my 10th floor room the external noise was dreadful. The windows were not sealed properly and so traffic could be heard all the way through the night. Furthermore, internal room noise was bad as the pipes and/or heating made quite a lot of sound. Also neighbouring guests were loud and did not seem to be quietened by staff. I would have rang reception had I not just blocked my ears and willed myself to sleep.

Staff friendliness was mixed (poor at reception, good at breakfast), and otherwise all other services were satisfactory.

Overall a standard/poor hotel, at which I had a terrible night's stay. But budget price for central location and relatively good wifi & other facilities bring up my rating by a star. Still, could not recommend at all to someone with an important next day which requires good sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I was really sorry to read your comments on your noisy nights sleep. The hotel is situated beside a particularly busy section of the motorway, so can be quite noisy, however if you contact us at site, we can try to allocate you a room towards the back of the hotel to minimise the noise of the traffic. Our team are on throughout the day and night to help with anything you need and can help with problems such as noise, they can be contact on Reception.
I was sorry to hear you had a mixed experience with our Team, I will look in to your comments to ensure the experience is a consistent and friendly one every time.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arriving late in the evening I found the check in process very straight forward and the bar was perfectly adequate for a night cap. All of the staff were helpful and the hotel certainly delivered a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. I’m glad to hear your check in was straight forward and you enjoyed a night cap in the bar. Its great that you felt all the team were friendly and I m delighted that you had a good nights sleep.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Premier Inn Glassgow, Charring Cross is a very moderate hotel in good location. The hotel is located opposite Central Library next to Charring Cross Station. It is a 12 storied building with all amenities like Rail Station, Casino, Restaurants, TESCO, Hip Hop Bus Stoppage located nearby. The reception area is small but rooms are cozy and well maintained. One of the best Premier Inns with a good lift unlike others.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be well maintained
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Shonagh L, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of Premier Inn, Glasgow Charing Cross. It was great to read your comments on the Reception and our cosy rooms, and I was delighted to hear you felt we were one of the best Premier Inns.

We hope to see you again soon and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just what you'd expect from a Premier Inn stay. Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds and good food. Good location, near to Sauchiehall St and next door to Charing Cross Station. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shonagh L, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Glasgow Charing Cross. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again, without hesitation.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you again soon and thanks once again for your feedback