“Small but comfortable”

Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Small but comfortable”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Canny little hotel in a decent location. Extremely small lobby and if you're checking in when it's busy it will be uncomfortable. Very attentive staff. We stayed here on a one night break to see the Killers at Bellahouston Park and we simply asked the desk about it. The lad launched into ringing the train station to get the correct trains and times, gave us directions etc. Very impressed with his customer service. Also our room was ready even though we were there early (1pm) so we were able to go straight up. Our room was on the 6th floor looking out over the city so that was good. On the downside though it was also absolutely tiny, one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in. I'm 6' 2" and my feet were a good foot out of the bed! That said it was your typical Premier Inn, clean and tidy. Didnt bother with breakfast as if you don't have kids £18 is pretty steep. We walked 5 mins into the centre and had a bacon roll and some toast in Costa coffee instead. The hotel is about 15mins walk from the central station but its a pleasant walk taking in the big buildings lining the route. We certainly didn't have any problems with traffic noise. We paid £66 for the one night which I booked about 3-4 months in advance.

Room Tip: Higher the room the better the view, obvious I know but it's still a tip!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. On check-in the Receptionists were very friendly. The room was very clean with all mod-cons. Flat screen TV, dressing table, kettle, hairdryer, bath etc. I had a beautiful city view and the bed was very comfortable indeed!

The hotel is situated right next to Charing Cross Station. There is a bar opposite and the West End is a short taxi ride away.

I had a very good night's sleep and I would definitely stay here for leisure purposes. My only gripe was the cold breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel, I have stayed here several times, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow. The rooms are spacious, clean and the views are amazing. Great location for the city centre, right next to the charing cross underground. And also the restaurant in the hotel is great, the staff are amazing!!! The food is great and service is really good, the staff couldn't do anymore to help us, they were great. And they loved my little boy, and he loved them! There were so friendly and helpful, and I can't wait to visit again. Love everything about this hotel, especially the staff!!

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank GemmaLuca
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Good value for money but facilities in room should be checked before offering them to customers as hairdryer did not work or the heating we were freezing at night thank goodness I had a jumper. reception need to Answer the phone 3 times we called down and no answer. What if this was an emergency situation. This needs to be addressed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carleeto
Shonagh L, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It’s great that you found the Hotel good value for money although I was sorry to hear the Hairdryer wasn’t working and neither was the Heating. The Team do regularly check all the appliances in the room, I’m sorry this was missed prior to your arrival. Thank you for feedback regarding the Reception telephone, I will investigate your comments thoroughly.

Thanks again for your review and we do hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The location of this hotel is awful. All night it feels like the motorway is being routed right across your pillow and I hardly slept a wink.
The food apart from breakfast is pretty awful as again it seems centrally prepared and no imagination never mind quality ingredients have gone into it.
But what is the saving grace of this Premier Inn is the staff. Unfailingly friendly and helpful they make up what actually cannot be made up. Whatever made them apply for these jobs? They would be so much better employed in a quality hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I was sorry to read your comments regarding the location of the Hotel and the food. The Hotels location, next to the Motorway, provides great transport links however during peak times it can be noisy, if you contact us at the Hotel we can try to place you towards the back away from the Motorway. Thank you for your comments regarding the Staff, I’ll be sure to pass your kind comments on.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I recently had a 3 night stay at Charing Cross Premier Inn, Glasgow while we attended a convention at the Hydro. The room was pretty much what we expected - small but clean and comfortable - but the customer service far exceeded expectations. The staff, particularly in the restaurant, were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional and courteous at all times. They really helped to make our stay an enjoyable one. Caroline, who served us in the restaurant on 2 evenings, deserves a special mention! We would definitely recommend this hotel for price, location (right next to the train station) and especially customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda W
Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Charing Cross. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt the customer service far exceeded expectations. Thank you for your comments about Caroline, she was thrilled to hear such nice feedback.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night and was ok.Room could do with repainting.We were on the 10th floor facing the motorway and didn't have a problem with traffic noise.Great view and good location for most things and the beds were great.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Shonagh L, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Charing Cross. I’m really pleased you found the beds comfy and its great to hear you enjoy the lovely view. I m sorry you felt the room needed repainting, rest assure we will investigate your comments thoroughly.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.