We stayed at this hotel for a 6 day break. We were going to a soccer match & 2 concerts over the 6 days. It is just around the corner from the ABC 02 Academy, where one concert was held and it just took 20 mins in a taxi to go to the Breahead Arena for the other concert from this hotel. The train station is next door. We drove over to Glasgow for this break and parking for the 6 days worked out at just £10.00-£12.00/ per 24hrs, the carpark was next door. Hotel was easy to find, the GPS coordinates are on the website and the sat nav as good as brought us to the door. Great location for shopping, few mins walk away from Argyle St. Restaurants and bars are just around the corner. Alot of the restaurants had good early bird menus. The staff were very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, the room we were given was small, ok for 1 or 2 day break but not for 6 days. When we contacted reception they changed the room to a bigger one straight away and they were very busy as there were alot of check ins at the time. The hotel has its own restaurant and bar which we used a few times and the staff were very friendly and good spirited. Most nights we walked back late to the hotel and felt quite safe. I read in another review that the hotel may be in a red light district but saw no evidence of that. This hotel was perfect for what we needed for the type of break we were on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland