“This is definately a Budget hotel”
Review of Brunswick Hotel

Brunswick Hotel
Ranked #86 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Eastbourne
“This is definately a Budget hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

The rooms were extremeley small, with a window facing another wall, bathroom tiny
Not a comfortable place to stay

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Herne Bay
Reviewed 30 May 2010

As ever TA was our adviser, in this case for two nights in Glasgow and having had our fill of corporate establishments, this time for our fourth break in the city in the last few years (we like the place!) we took a chance and what a place the Brunswick turned our to be. Informal but organized it was pretty much as other reviewers have stated but in our view if anything better with quite outstanding, amazing and eclectic staff. We asked for and got a quiet room although one night one of us was woken at 0400 by a couple of loud-voiced inebriated 'ladies' on the landing who were clearly unused to the concept of doors let alone closing them once in their rooms but that can happen anywhere. The Brunswick is absolutely unique and now our place of choice. On the one hand I wish it were a chain on the other the danger is that everything that makes it so special would be diluted, just go, see for yourselves and enjoy.

1 Thank InvictaHerneBay
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Spent a night in Glasgow with 5 friends. Booked two rooms, and had a great experience. Very helpful and charming staff, good cafe/bar attached to the hotel, great location, clean and colorful. Even met one of the owners of the hotel late at night at the bar next door, nice guy who is dedicated to the hotel.

Overall, given the price, it is a great hotel which deserves an excellent rating!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
scotland
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I booked this hotel at the last minute as I was catching up with friends and wanted a overnight stay in town and the location was excellent, couldn't be better for access to pubs/restaurant's etc within city centre. However, I did wonder what it would be like for £50 for a double room. As a B&B proprietor myself I am a bit fussy when it comes to accommodation and you don't get much for £50, particularly in the city centre.

I was not disappointed, from the young gent that checked me in to the young lady that checked me out I have to say the staff were excellent, with good Scottish Humour thrown in.

My room had fresh spotlessly clean bedding, fresh soft towels and a really comfy bed and pillows. The bathroom was basic, but very clean.

I actually overslept as the blackout curtains lead me to believe that it was earlier than it was and it was so quiet, normally in hotels you are woken by guests pulling luggage about, I missed breakfast but when I went downstairs the bar staff happily made me a super latte and fetched me a small continental breakfast, thanks guys.

For fifty pounds for a double room, it's a bargain, I WILL CERTAINLY BE BACK. If you want posh go stay somewhere else, if you want a clean bed and facilities at a reasonable rate right in the heart of Glasgow 's night life then you will not be disappointed.

I didn't stay for lunch but the daily specials being posted up on the menu within the bar looked very appetising, next time.

I am already looking forward to my next sleepover at the Bunswick !!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
glasgow
Reviewed 16 May 2010

For my friend's birthday a group of us stayed here and had a fantastic time. The rooms are small but who cares if you're going for a night out in Glasgow?? The staff were so nice and friendly. We had food there and it was lovely and the restaurant staff were also great. All in all a brilliant place to stay in Glasgow city centre.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Angus
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My wife and i have now stayed in this hotel 4 times. One each occasion, our stay has been very wonderful. The staff, are exceptional, and always make us feel very welcome. The menu gives a wide choice and the food is top class. The bar is warm and friendly and if the sun shines, they have a tables and chairs on the pavement to watch the world walk by. This hotel gets my vote every time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Somerset
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We both found the Brunswick Hotel a friendly and welcoming p[lace to stay. The room was comfortable and the restaurant offered a good range of food at very reasonable prices. Staff were very heloful. Tony Hider and Brian Baylis