“Great Location”
Review of Brunswick Hotel

Brunswick Hotel
Ranked #84 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed for 3nts (Fri, Sat & Sun). The location couldn't be better, right in the heart of the Merchant City area which has a vibrant atmosphere.
Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking Brunswick St. Although a bit on the small side, it was comfortable and above all, clean. Fresh towels and room cleaned each day. The shower was powerful, although perhaps a little cramped. I asked for a couple more hangars and these were provided immediatly, however it was awkard to hang and access items in the open wardrobe due to the way it was set up.
I agree with all the positive comments made about the staff. They're friendly and genuinely show an interest in your day.
The breakfast was really good. There's a choice of toast, scottish bread rolls, ham (lovely & thick), cheese, tomatoes, cereal, yogurts, croissants along with fresh orange & coffee etc. I didn't go away feeling hungry!
The bar is really busy which made for a good atmosphere. We did have food which was good although not outstanding.
I would have no hesitation in staying at the Brunswick again, although I would ask for a different room for variety.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2010

We chose this hotel for the location & the price & we were very happy. The compact double room is very small but for one night it was all we needed as we were only in our room to sleep. Service was fantastic, all staff very friendly & helpful, continental breakfast included in the price was excellent . The location was perfect, we walked to Buchanan Street & the Cathedral, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I've just stayed at this hotel and I recommend it highly for two, very influential, reasons. One, the staff are all absolutely lovely. There's a really nice feel to this hotel. They seem to genuinely be happy there and it shows in their service. But even more than that delight - the beds are comfy! Yay! What a find in Europe! So comfy I slept better than I did at home. Other things: breakfast cold cuts but fresh and plenty of it and they'll make you a cappuccino at the bar; you get a free whiskey; it's decently priced; the shower works well; the rooms are clean and the curtains cut out all the light. One thing - I stayed in summer and it was amazingly hot and there was no air conditioning. As they said, you really only need air con for four weeks in the year in Glasgow, and anyway the rooms are small and they give everyone a giant fan. I slept like a baby, as I said.
Watch out for the psychedelic wall colours - they're startling at first.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We had our post-wedding party in the penthouse here and the Brunswick staff could not have been more helpful. The venue is fantastic for a relaxed evening with friends and the overnight accommodation was lovely. Many thanks to all the team for organising the bar, providing a top-quality buffet customised for a vegetarian diet (strawberries and chocolate) and making the whole experience fun. The basement club later on was brilliant and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Attending a conference in Glasgow and needed a good bed following days in study sessions and out with the other delegates after. The Brunswick was perfectly formed - the room was compact but with a very comfortable bed, good clean linen, towels, very friendly staff and lovely continental breakfast! The welcoming drink on arrival was well received too! It was a delight to sleep in every night!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I was booked into here by my company on a short notice trip to Glasgow. Located in the thriving Merchant City in Glasgow it is surrounded by some of the best restaurants and bars in the city.

I arrived at the hotel at about 5PM and was warmly greeted by Claire on the front desk. I had a room on the first floor, at the back of the hotel. The room was basic and about average in size. The rooms are not air conditioned, but my room had two windows looking out over the window room covering the back of the restaurant. Back to the room, mine was missing its ironing board (essential on a business trip) and there was dried mud on the carpets - evidently the rooms had not been thoroughly cleaned.

I met up with colleagues and went out for dinner to a restaurant recommended by Claire. I got back to find the bar/restaurant (a bit of a hot spot) was busy and there was music playing...all good except when i wanted to go to bed at 10 ahead of a bust day. The music came through loud and clear till midnight. Now i'm no kill joy, but this was a Wednesday night. Oh well a poor nights sleep. Breakfast the nest morning was continental, with pastries/croissants coming pre-packaged.

On my second night i ate in the restaurant/bar. The food was good and good value, but not exceptional.

All in all the service was good, and pretty much made the hotel. Definitely recommended for couples looking for a weekend hotel to explore Glasgow and all it social locations, but not as a business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Brunswick Hotel. This hotel really is a gem. We had booked the small double room, which is very small but great value for money. The hotel is in a superb location and the food being served in the restaurant is excellent (including the buffet breakfast). The staff are also very helpful and cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable. All in all a great place to stay in the city centre, with all the shops, great restaurants and nightlife on your doorstep. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple