“Amazing 3D Spiderman”

Ranked #11 of 57 Fun & Games in Glasgow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Imax Theatre next to the Science Centre houses one of the world's largest cinema screens and is a popular venue for 3D movies.
Dundee
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing 3D Spiderman”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Booked a ticket for the feature film along with entry to the Science centre next door, and got a good deal. We had never been to an imax before, and it was quite an experience! Toilets were a bit shabby, but you don't tend to spend much time there!

Visited April 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Screen, Terrible Service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

On the 15th March I went to see Hubble 3D with one of my friends at the IMAX during a visit to Glasgow Science Centre. We could have booked in through GSC, however as I am a Cineworld Card holder (who has been told on many occasions at the IMAX and at Renfrew Street that 45 minute films are free) I decided not to.

Then, on trying to book in at Cineworld, the staff member couldn't log into her till (this was after locking herself and another member of staff AWAY from the tills in the first place). My friend and I had arrived at about 12:50 with the film starting at 13:00 sharp, By the time I was being served for my ticket the film had already started...and then they charged an add on for this film. Had I known that this would happen I would have given the money to the charity next door rather than the business I'm already paying £16.00 a month to in order to get into a film after it's started.

Upon getting tickets we were thrust into the totally dark cinema (Hubble 3D is about space so that at least made sense) and told to find seats in pitch black. No assistance from staff, no red torches, nothing.

The film itself was excellent with some stunning visuals (and one scientific flaw - Andromeda isn't the closest galaxy to the Milky Way), though that is more the film-makers success and issue than Cineworlds.

Out of Five Stars

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We've just been to see Gravity here in Glorious Imax 3d & it was just incredible. This cinema was made for a film like this so if you get the chance, take it. Seems expensive but it's really only a few pounds more than a regular cinema but it's just WOW!

Visited October 2013
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Best cinema experience in Glasgow”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I AMA. Frequent visitor to the IMAX in Glasgow, it is by far the best cinema experience the city has to offer. The screen is the largest with excellent picture and sound quality. The whole experience is very immersive and one can really loose themselves in the film!

Visited June 2013
“Best time ever”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My first time great experience the screen is so big I will be going back again and the sound is out of this world