“This place saved my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Victoria Infirmary

Ranked #154 of 268 things to do in Glasgow
Cape Town Central, South Africa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This place saved my life”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have had two admissions to this hospital, despite its aging building, and that the new Vicky across the road is beautiful clean and fresh, I can honestly say the care that I had here saved my life. I was seriously ill Asthmatic with pneumonia and after a week of very intensive care, I pulled through some dark moments. Every hospital has its problems and this one has had some serious reputation problems, I will however say, the staff were great, and my family well supported when I was on the wrong side of the ventilator.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ruthie R

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“uncle died of septicemia due to neglect in victoria”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

MARCH 2010, staffing terrible in high dependancy after a routine bowel operation, then transferred to a ward , staff also negligent so much so that septicemia had gone un noticed altough they were many signs present but no one seemed to take any notice until it was far too late, then transferred to another hospital as victoria had no beds in intensive care, as a result my family member died in the other hospial due to the neglect of the victoria staff, why are victoria hospital staff not trained the same as in other hospitals as we have had fantastic nurses/consultants in hairmyres, western and golden jubilee, its just down to bad management as far as im concerned but at the expensive of a loved one so dearly missed when it so easily could have been avoided had the staff just payed him a liitle attention, please learn from your mistakes

Visited June 2013
8 Thank 988jennijenni
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“glad i'm healthy”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

old and dated and seriosly in need of modernisation. Staff work very hard considering the conitions that they need to work in. Problems nothing to the staff but more to do with governing body not providing enough revenue.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank eileen_kirkpatrick
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“could be doing with an upgrade”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

old victoria could do with a lot of tlc, also the staff could also be a bit more patient orientated and considerate

Visited August 2012
4 Thank elizabeth d
Glasgow Scotland UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“New Victoria Day Surgery”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

After having my op I was kept in the new victoria 23 hour ward. After care was superb. Treated better than being private

Visited January 2013