“Lovely West End stay!”
Review of Kelvin Hotel

Kelvin Hotel
Ranked #69 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Charlie's a lovely host, very friendly, patient and helpful. Breakfast was lovely, freshly cooked by Charlie himself. The only problem I found was the size of the room, was a bit too small for 2 person plus 2 hand luggage. Otherwise the place was very clean and all the staff there were lovely. The location of this B&B is at the West end of the city, but it's very easy to get to, only costs 1.40 pounds for subway one way or 1.90 pounds for bus one way. gets to town in 10 mins. They also provide kettle, tea and coffee in the room which is a plus!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room with share bathroom, but the room with private bathroom might be bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kelvin Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We loved the location of the Kelvin and Sandra was so friendly, helpful and always up for a good laugh! We were on the top floor so it was nice and quiet. Shutters on the windows helped to block out light and slight traffic noise. Our friends were in the basement level and said they could hear a lot of footsteps in the mornings. Both of us were very happy with our rooms, clean and spacious (bathrooms small but fine), beds a bit hard though. Our toilet seat was broken but Sandra fixed it. Breakfast was not good (scrambled eggs were white and sitting in a little pool of cloudy water) so we ate out the second morning we were there. All in all, great location and we'd definitely go back as it's great value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor were quiet (e.g. room 21), rooms in the basement (e.g. room 1) was noisy in t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The location was just great, close enough to the subway, many interesting restaurants and Glasgow uni. The room was spacious and tidy, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was a great plus. The staff was great as well, with Sandra always pleased to help. And the WiFi was fast enough during most of the time we stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

functional clean and very friendly, bed could have been softer but that is my preference
Quiet at night and a great location , close to university and excellent restaurants and the lovely botanic gardens.
recomend it as excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Charlie was fantastic! Very helpful and friendly and even asked about our trip from a previous day. Breakfast is lovely and the wifi isn't too slow. Perfect location - you're pretty close to the laundromat, Co-op, ATM, and restaurants. It's also very quiet and while the rooms are small, they're comfy! I would recommend the Kelvin for anyone staying in Glasgow and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I would definitely recommend The Kelvin. I worked at a flight attendant for 30 years and have stayed in many hotels. My friends and I were greeted by Charlie and I could not be more impressed. . He was GREAT! Very friendly, and helpful. I arrived about 8:00 P.M and had to leave for my flight at 6:00 A.M. He arranged for a taxi to pick me up and told me he would set his alarm to get up to unlock the bag room that he put my extra suitcase in so I would not have to lug it upstairs and back down again. My room was upgraded to a family room with 3 beds, because the guest that had been in the single room that was booked for me had become ill, and that is why I was on the 2nd floor instead of the 1st. I was in room 19 or 219, a room with 2 singles and 1 full bed, and a very large bath, with tub and shower. The only thing I would add is reading lights or bedside lights.
My friends and I went for a walk and stopped into a pub. I would recommend this area, because It has everything you would want in in food stores, pharmacy, gifts stores, and more.
I do want to return to Glasgow and I would definitely stay at the Kelvin again!

Room Tip: I liked my room, it was either 19 or 219, can't remember, but it is called a family room. It wou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Staff was very helpful and kind (especially very lovely Scottish lady from staff called Sandra:))! House keeping was done regularly and in time. Having lived in room number 17 (single room), the room space was small but quite comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 17 on the second floor has a view on the street. Quite lovely, small and sunny room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business