Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
US$201
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$366
US$294
Agoda.com
US$173
US$146
  • Room Service
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$192
Agoda.com
US$146
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,785 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroclyde auditoriumattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelrooms are smallreception staffmini barmin walkideal locationbreakfast was excellenttea and coffeemodern hotel
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had a great time at the Mint Hotel. Stayed overnight after a night at the panto at the Armadillo. Lovely room (with amazing view of the Squinty Bridge), great service, many accessories, tasty breakfast..Staff were very helpful. In particular a fantastic service was provided by Linda in the restaurant at breakfast. Lovely breakfast of cereals, including muesli, fruit juice, smoked salmon etc. Cooked breakfast to follow included smoked salmon, smoked haddock, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes or any full breakfast items desired.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronanEastLothian
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I've stayed at the Mint Hotel Glasgow twice now. My first experience was brilliant. The room was fab, the view was amazing, the service was super, they offered complimentary DVDS and it was an all round great experience. On my second stay however, it was dramatically different. The staff were very unhelpful, the room wasn't made to a high standard, the mini bar wasn't stocked and neither was the complimentary shampoo and shower gel. They had also stopped offering complimentary DVDS, which was disappointing. The breakfast was really good, but we ordered dinner from room service, and we found it to be highly disappointing. The macaroni cheese tasted like something from a birdseye microwavable meal. A good point though is that they do offer a gluten free bread option, which most hotels don't offer. Overall, if I could recreate the experience i had the first time, I would stay at the Mint Hotel for all my occasions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear 'samperz'

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Mint Hotel Glasgow.

I am sorry that your overall experience was not to the same standard as your first stay.

As the review is referring to a stay from 6 months ago it is difficult to investigate further, however I can assure you that we continue to aim to achieve the highest level of service.

We are making several improvements to the Hotel in the next few months and hope that you will see the benefit from this if you choose to stay again.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This is a great design hotel conveniently located near SECC Glasgow. The rooms are spacious and comfy and equipped with the Mac computers and free internet access. Compared to most nice hotels which tend to charge for wi-fi this is a hotel respecting the needs of modern traveller and even providing the top notch equipment to do it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear 'GolfGirlDundee'

Many thanks for your positive review.

The iMacs offering free internet access in all our bedrooms in addition to complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel prove to be very popular with our guests.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

My partner and I and another couple have just stayed in this hotel over the new year, The rooms were great, The iMac in the room was a bonus but the main reason for the review was the staff. They were the most helpful friendly people I have had the pleasure to deal with especially during the holiday season when lets face it nobody really wants to be working. We plan a return visit to Glasgow in the summer when a few more of the sights will be open and will be staying at the Mint again. Thank you Staff much appreciated.

Room Tip: River Views are lovely
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My partner and I spent a romantic evening in The Mint hotel just after Christmas and were really pretty impressed. It's somewhere in which we'd eaten before and its riverside setting makes for a pleasant change from inner-city hotels. I'd recommend you take the time to ask for a river view as one side of the hotel faces the street and must be pretty uninspiring.
Also; silence. Absolute silence. I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere so quiet. The hotel wasn't busy by any manner of means, but I know that we had neighbours on at least one side of our room. Not a peep. What a difference that makes to your quality of sleep when you can't hear the murmurings of late-night conversation coming from the room next door. No street noise. No thin walls. Perfection.

We ate in the hotel's restaurant after a drink at the bar and both are stylishly turned out and professionally staffed. The food in the restaurant was really very good. My one complaint would be that a ten percent service charge had been added to our bill - for a table of two. I'm a tipper anyway and I would likely have left more than ten percent for a meal so good, but I would much rather have the choice.

The room itself was pretty-well appointed with internet, TV and a DVD/CD player. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom, although perhaps a little small, was immaculate with a large, hot and powerful shower. And, as I've mentioned, completely silent.

All in all, we were pretty happy with our choice and would recommend The Mint.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside! Quiter and nicer to look at.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear 'HoJu'

It is good to read that you had a relaxing stay in our Hotel.

The Hotel does not make any money from the discretionary service charge with all proceeds shared amongst the service team - the charge can be removed on request.

I am pleased that you recommend us and hope to welcome you back soon.