2 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Get rewarded with One Key
3,474 results
All reviews river view city centre concert at the hydro car park afternoon tea min walk rooms are small reception staff booked this hotel twin room comfy bed haggis clyde secc rotunda conference armadillo
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This hotel is located next to the harbour/river. The rooms are fairly spacious and very well equipped, ie tea coffee, mini fridge etc. The bathroom was immaculate. Tv channels were plentiful, however there were some issues with the satellite reception, that may have been caused by the weather. Rooms service WA a available from1700 the quality was excellent and price was reasonable. The one thing that let this hotel down was the beds! OMG I woke up and felt as if I have been beaten up in the night. The mattress was SOLID! No give, no support unless you consider sleeping on the floor supportive! I would urge the management to do something about them or perhaps purchase THICK toppers that can be offered to any guest that does not like sleeping on the equivalent of the floor!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Great hotel, love the location very convenient for concerts etc, I always enjoy the walk along the Clyde into the city centre. Stayed here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both stays. Rooms are small but has everything required including a small fridge, although it wasn't very cold! Breakfast was lovely with a great selection. It is a bit pricey I suppose but if you look for deals its well worth it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

This hotel is perched in a beautiful location on the Clyde. The hotel is well-run, spotless, good service and exceptionally friendly staff The historic photos of the local area in reception give you a feel for how the area once was. Landmarks such as the Finnieston crane are metres away The breakfast was excellent, beautifully cooked, tasty bacon and sausages that seemed much nicer than I have tasted in other hotels and a range of cook-to-order items The gym is fine to work out and the river is a great place for a run I have stayed in this hotel 10 times and still enjoy going back If its your lucky day, they will have Tunnock's Caramel Wafers on reception for when you check-in

1  Thank F7235PGdavidm
Reviewed 6 September 2016

What can I say?....overall disappointing. Staff try their best but it just falls a bit short of expectations. Room was clean if a little tired, shower was shocking! Shower temperature was inconsistent, I imagine partly due to the fact that the shower head was leaking heavily where it joined the hose. I tried to regulate this by changing the flow rate from 'rain' to 'jet' and the shower head literally exploded - water pressure blowing the front of the shower head off. I informed reception who reacted quickly & efficiently. Issue was all sorted & shower head was replaced before I returned to the room in the evening but still...there was clearly an issue before I checked into the room - why were housekeeping not on top of this? Restaurant: I would like to say you get what you pay for, but you don't. Prices are high and, while the food is perfectly edible, there is no consistency in the preparation of the food. Waiters don't write orders down which means you don't always get what you asked for. I admit there is nothing more impressive than a waiter who can remember a table full of orders & get it right, but when you have a waiter who can't remember an order for just one person (main course & side) then they need to be writing it down. That, coupled with the fact that the kitchen don't seem to know what ingredients are in their meals, means it's an incredibly frustrating experience for a fussy eater like me. Maybe it's too much to expect that what I order is as described on the menu? On the plus side, the wi-fi connectivity seems to have improved since my last stay, the car park is an absolute bonus, and the view (should you be lucky enough to be on the river side) is wonderful. I know this is the 'budget' end of the Hilton chain but this is not reflected in the price.

Room tip: Ask for a river view
1  Thank Olonda
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We spent two nights here with our family of 5, in three rooms.. The bathroom shower was easy to get in and out of, much safer than the high tubs. The room had plenty of lamps, and the beds were comfortable.
It was enjoyable to sit on the outside patio overlooking the River Clyde in the evening. Later, we went into the bar area and had coffee before calling it a night. Ate breakfast downstairs on the morning that we were leaving.
There was plenty of space in the parking lot for vehicles.
I did not hear much noise or traffic during the nights even though we were on the street side.
The staff at the desk, bar, and breakfast buffet were very pleasant.

Date of stay: August 2016