“Good, convenient hotel with excellent amenities”

Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I stayed two nights on business, having stayed at the nearby Crowne Plaza previously.

The City Inn is the one I would return to - it's modern with excellent facilties and I particularly liked the Imac computer in the room and free Wifi, also appreciated the White Company bathroom goodies.
My only gripes were a couple of minor things in the restaurant. On the whole, breakfast was excellent but they didn't have any vegetarian sausages (but the bubble and squeak was a reasonable substitute, and, unlike many hotels, they had proper decaff coffee rather than instant). In the evening, I had to send my pudding back - it was a tart, and the pastry on the bottom was so hard I couldn't even cut it with a knife. They apologised and took more than the cost of the pudding off the bill though.
You have complementary use of Greens leisure club just up the road - I went for a swim there - and/or use of the hotel's fitness suite which I didn't try.
The location on the banks of the Clyde is beautiful, and it would be pleasant to stay there at a warmer time of year so that you could sit outside on the City Cafe terrace.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed 7 November 2009

Great hotel with fantastic facilities. Only downside was the bacon on the vegetarian breakfast plate.

Staff were helpful if a little slow at breakfast.

Room was excellent - apple mac computer doubled up as tv. Plenty of tv choice and internet access. I would highly recommend the rooms with the river view.

Reviewed 6 November 2009

I stayed here for four nights with colleagues recently, and really enjoyed my stay. It is a 5 minute walk to the SECC which suited my purpose and a mile or so into the city centre (though not a particularly nice walk, I didn't think)
The hotel has a big carpark with entry/exit barriers and very efficient staff on reception. My room was a double for single use and whilst compact, was more than spacious enough for one. Big disappointment to find there was only a shower and no bath when you fancy a nice long soak after a whole day on your feet, but it wasn't the end of the world!
Breakfast was cooked to order and very nice every time I had it. The first morning, the restaurant was really full and we waited ages for our food to arrive which was a bit annoying but it was fine for the remaining three days. I also had room service one night, which arrived within 20 minutes and was fine.
One thing which amused rather than annoyed me was the cost they charge for a bottle of water from the fridge in the room. Even a 150ml can of Diet Coke was £1.60 and a half bottle of red wine £12.95. Bit outrageous really!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
NeilCIG, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2009

Glad you seemed to enjoy your stay with us.
Sorry you felt the 'temptation' menu in the room a little expensive and we have taken your comments on board.
Hope to see you at City Inn Glasgow again soon.
Neil

Reviewed 4 November 2009

Stayed here for one night during a trip to the secc. Perfect location if attending an event there, just 2 minutes walk from entrance.
Rooms were clean and very modern.
Reception staff very friendly!

Reviewed 29 October 2009

Stayed there for 1 night. Birthday surprise from my partner along with going to a show at the SECC.

Great hotel, good location especially for SECC. Good service, clean room, very comfy bed (good sleep after a few drinks). Internet, mini bar, plus other little extras which made it a good hotel. If i was nip picking the room was a little small, however the view of the river clyde made up for it. Ordered room service, arrived very quick and got plenty for the value.

Bit disappointed at reception when we checked in (sunday afternoon). Got told breakfast was between 9 to 11am. However this is the weekend times. Breakfast for us was obviously Monday so only until 9:30am. Glad we checked the hotel booklet.

Overall a great stay, close to city centre, perfect for SECC. Food good and price good. Would happily come back to stay here.

1  Thank TrueScotsmanScotland
Reviewed 28 October 2009

No complaints at all about this place! Parking was easy and free and right next to the hotel. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. Everything seemed well-maintained. The room, although sadly without a river-view, was very nice indeed. It was not vast in size, but big enough to not feel at all cramped, and very well-arranged. Pleasant, contemporary style, and everything was beautifully clean (my first priority!). I particularly liked the pale carpet - lots of places use dark patterned carpet so the stains don't show as much! The bathroom didn't have a bath, but the shower was excellent so it didn't matter.
Instead of the usual TV there is an iMac entertainment system, which gives you free internet access/TV/stereo/DVD player all in one.
The bed was quite big and very comfortable, and we slept very well.
We didn't have breakfast there so I can't comment on that, but everything else was just as we like it to be, so we'll definitely choose this hotel next time we're in Glasgow. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 October 2009

I arrived earlier at the hotel than originally planned. I had not felt well after a dawn flight from London but was pleased and relieved to be able to take a room early in the day which meant I could rest for an hour before going to my meeting. The staff were welcoming at all times and although this was a much smaller hotel than I had expected, it was everything that I needed for my short stay. The breakfast the next morning (after a great night's sleep) was excellent, and overall the advanced rate booked directly with the hotel represented good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
NeilCIG, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2009

Delighted that we were able to check you into your room a little earlier and trust now you are fully recovered.

Best regards