2 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Get rewarded with One Key
3,474 results
All reviews river view city centre concert at the hydro car park afternoon tea min walk rooms are small reception staff booked this hotel twin room comfy bed haggis clyde secc rotunda conference armadillo
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

To keep it short and sweet - good location and adjacent parking. Staff are solid enough, rooms are small but clean, comfy and has everything you need. They also do a good cleaning job daily with fresh towels etc.

Breakfast area again small and buffet style which isn’t my favourite choice and can get mobbed with tourists at wrong time but again solid enough.

All in decent enough at the reduced rate but Glasgow has an abundance of choice, so I would probably look around first unless you get a deal.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank durhamb2016
Reviewed 21 August 2019

Queen room was clean but tiny, view was abysmal, not worth paying extra for. The radison red across road is far better value and newer. Some staff were nice, others treated you as if you were an inconvenience. A distance from the centre. This is the worst Hilton I have ever staged in and I stay in a lot for work. Avoid

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 21 August 2019 via mobile

My friend and I stayed overnight as we were attending an outdoor concert,
The hotel is just as you’d expect from any other Hilton Garden Inn.
Situated on the river with a large outdoor seating area, nice friendly entrance, staff very frindly and accommodating.
Comfortable bar area.
Room was everything we needed, comfy bed & clean.
The only reason I do not rate this 5 is because of the breakfast. There is plenty of everything, cold and hot, but I just feel it wasn’t worth the money. (My opinion)
If you are attending any shows, concerts etc at the secc then this hotel is a 2 minute walk. To walk into the city centre takes 20 -30 mins (depending on how fast you walk)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank honey40
Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

Excellent selection of sandwiches cakes and scones. Also glass of presecco each and plenty of tea and coffee. Arrived about 20 mins early but it wasnt a problem and we were seated straight away. Service good and staff helpful. Right on River Clyde with outdoor seating. Relaxing and enjoyable and experience. Bought as an itison deal so good value.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Adventurer752810
Reviewed 19 August 2019

The hotel is in a nice location as long as you have your own means of transportation or are willing to walk. It was challenging to get there from the airport by bus or to get into the heart of Glasgow. It was close to number of tourist attractions like the SSE Hydro, SEC Armadillo and is right on the City Hop On Hop Off bus route.

The rooms were nice, but not large, and had all of the essentials.

My parents and I had quick check ins and check outs. After travelling overnight it was great that they were able to get us all into rooms once we arrived. The front counter staff were willing to answer questions and help out.

We only ate breakfast there but the buffet had a lot of options and was usually well stocked.

There is a nice outdoor patio area on the river but I was told you could only use it if you bought a drink.

On our last day I picked up our rental car and needed to park in the lot so I could get back up to my room for my items and help my parents with their suitcases. I was shocked to find it cost me £15 for maybe 30 min.

Room tip: Views onto River Clyde are nice.
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Lynne R
HGIGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow, I am glad to see you enjoyed the hotel but disapointed at only recieveing a 3 star review.

Our hotel is classed as city centre with a short taxi ride away or if you prefer a 10-15 minute walk as you said this is a great location if attending any events at the campus.

I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and we agree these are packed with everthing you would need.

We pride our self on breakfast service here so i am please you agree on this, the outdoor patio area can be used by any guest they are not requirent to purchase a drink to use it but due to law you cannot drink your own beverages as it is a licened area think there might have been some confusion over this.

With regards to the car parking i find this not correct and am at a loss, we only charge for parking if over 2hours and the charge is £7.50 per night i am unsure if you parked in another car park close i am very concenered about this and would like you to get in touch on the below so i can look into this further.

Kind Regards