2 people are viewing this hotel
Go to your Happy Price
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
3,474 results
All reviews river view city centre concert at the hydro car park afternoon tea min walk rooms are small reception staff booked this hotel twin room comfy bed haggis clyde secc rotunda conference armadillo
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019

Stayed here for one night for work - the room was fine, clean and with a comfortable bed. The room wasn't overly spacious and I think if I was sharing my twin room, it would have got a bit claustrophobic very quickly.
I paid £87 for a twin room for one night; which I feel was a bit much. As a gold honors member, I get breakfast included, which lessens the blow a little. Breakfast was great, well stocked and staff were friendly.
The hotel isn't new or modern, maybe a little dated. There are a number of modern properties nearby; next time I might stay elsewhere.

2  Thank arnald5
Reviewed 22 September 2019

This hotel is near the SEC and Hydro but not walkable to the city centre where shops and restaurants are. Disappointed in that. Hotel as it is is fine but choose only if you have conference at SEC otherwise go closer to actual city centre. Felt isolated.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
3  Thank B5245WDbarbarap
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Just left the Hilton Garden Inn. Very friendly staff.
Great breakfast selection.
Good location if seeing a show at the Hydro & a nice walk along the river towards the City centre.
Was lucky to have a very sunny Saturday, so sitting on their terrace overlooking the river was lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Christine N
Reviewed 16 September 2019

I stay away for business fairly often and when i looked at the hotels this one looked decent. The location was good. The views didn't matter to me as i'd been put in a room the opposite side. Upon arrival the car park looked a mess, you can't even role your suitcase into the building and they have the audacity to charge you for it. The room, i wouldn't have stayed in it another night. The carpets were disgusting with blood stains and dirty marks, the walls not so different. I had a Queen room, i don't understand the 'Queen' part of the room, it was tiny and the bed wasn't any bigger than a double.

I had food in the restaurant which wasn't amazing, the fact that i got my food after people who had ordered after me wasn't the best. It wasn't busy and i'd ordered steak...

When checking out, i asked for a VAT receipt to get told i couldn't have one because it wasn't booked on my card. I've never had this issue before, it doesn't matter what card it was paid with i'm the person staying.

On another note, i stayed at a Hilton in Sheffield and the service, rooms, food were 5 star compared to here.

2  Thank 874rebeccat
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

This property is in need of an upgrade.

Pros: Friendly front office staff: clean; good breakfast with make-your-own waffles. Good views of river from the restaurant and patio.

Cons: Small rooms with even smaller bathrooms make it difficult for two; no slope to wheel heavy bags from roadside to hotel; carpets really need a makeover; corridors to rooms narrow and when congested by housekeeping, makes movement difficult.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank gnyrret