Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
David151249
Glasgow, United Kingdom

A Terrible Experience...

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 May 2024
Dropped in today for afternoon tea.
Last time I was here I was served at my table. This time the waitress told me to order at the bar!. My order for tea was taken but was not asked if I wanted something to eat!
I was then told to pay for my tea before I sat down!!
I was then told they did not take cash only card....for goodness sake...a hotel that does not take cash...
Needless to say, I did not enjoy my experience...
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 5 weeks ago
Hi David151249

I'm sorry, your visit was clearly not up to standard. We have been a cashless business now for over a year, I can appreciate it might be a little frustrating but we do feel the positives far outweigh the negatives and do take your comment on board.

Back to the afternoon tea - can you reach out to me direct a the hotel (I can't share my personal details) so that I can make that visit right for you.

£166
1.4 miles from Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Glasgow
3,494 results
All reviews river view city centre concert at the hydro car park afternoon tea min walk rooms are small reception staff booked this hotel twin room comfy bed haggis clyde secc rotunda conference armadillo
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2024 via mobile

Overbooked so when it came to checking in we were told to go to “sister” hotel Crowne Plaza.
Unbeknown to the Crowne Plaza staff we arrived unannounced.
Shambolic! Thankfully Crowne Plaza a much nicer experience and upgraded which was a bonus.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alan Marshall, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Laura W,

I'm sorry we had to out book you and there was a mix up with your reservation at Crowne Plaza. I have spoken to the lovely Emese who handled the out-booking and she was sure that she had taken every step to make them aware that you were coming over. Crowne Plaza is a great hotel and great neighbour for us so I am genuinely glad that you enjoyed your stay there.

Reviewed 18 May 2024 via mobile

Very understaffed. Waited 20 mins to be served. Queues out the door and only 2 people on the bar. One woman was out and in thd kitchen constantly delivering food and clearing tables. Overheard thd manager saying she had been upstairs fixing someone's toilet. Seriously busy and very understaffed

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

A62D,

Thanks for sharing your review, I'm sorry it wasn't up to our usual standards. The team had a tough weekend, we are working through this and will be back to usual standards in no time at all.

Reviewed 18 May 2024 via mobile

We stayed here for a gig at the Hydro, location is great and a short walk, plenty spaces for car parking and was included with our deal.

The room itself was clean but they are not big, the bed is just a normal size double and the room has a random giant chair which takes up a lot of space, but we were only there one night and didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The bathroom is tiny, the toilet is right behind the door, the sink area doesn't have much space for toiletries and the shower is just a small standard shower, but was clean and had plenty towels.

The staff were all friendly. We had breakfast included in our deal, not a huge hot selection but enough there, the waffle maker was a bonus but the instructions to use weren't correct, had to put oil in first but didn't say that anywhere. Had all the usual drinks and continental selection.

Overall we did have a good visit and would stay again if we got another good deal for when at the Hydro, but wouldn't be the first choice.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alan Marshall, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

HI hayls279,

Thanks for leaving a review. Really glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed 13 May 2024

We were warmly welcomed by Iolane in reception and the room was great, very comfy bed, fab shower and had everything you require. The food was good too, we had dinner and breakfast ( GF available). The restaurant was really busy but Katie did a great job! It is the perfect location for attending a gig at Ovo Hydro.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alan Marshall, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2024

Hi Haxel2,

Glad that Ionela and Katie stood out for you, both are just great. Your review is excellent and hits all the areas that we believe make up a great hotel stay; good shower, comfy bed and good quality on the restaurant. I'm really glad that you enjoyed, we all look forward to seeing you back again soon for more of the same.

Reviewed 11 May 2024

Touted as a 4-Star property, but in fact it is 1-Star and to be avoided. All rooms are tiny with barely enough room to move about much less store luggage. Bathroom layout is awful with barely enough room to sit on the toilet. Counter tops in bath and room are badly marred. Asked for replacement of dead light bulbs but in two days nothing was done. Desk chair arm rest was torn off. Room cleaning is perfunctory. We were with a group and attempted to have laundry done despite having to laundry bag in the room. At the front desk I was given a very large trash bag to use. Sadly the staff combined our laundry with another group in the hotel and sent it off to a facility not normally used, and after a mad search the missing bags were found and a taxi hired to retrieve the bags. Predictably the clothes were not cleaned.

Room tip: Avoid this place!
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Alan Marshall, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2024

Hi A6144HPjohnb,

I'm very sorry that your stay had so many issues, hands up from us on the laundry issue. This was a genuine error with the team and one that they all worked hard to fix as soon as it was made aware to them.

Our rooms are perhaps a little on the small side, we do acknowledge that but do feel that they are perfect for visiting the city or attending a concert of event at the Campus and the housekeeping team work tirelessly to ensure that they are cleaned to the highest standard - this was clearly not the case when you stayed and I'm genuinely sorry about that.

Everyone at the hotel loves to read the positive comments we regularly get from guests so we do take it on the chin when we get things wrong, apologies from all at team HGI Glasgow.