My first impression upon arriving was not that good. It appeared to be a bit run down. However, my room 107 had recently been refurbished, albeit economically. It was clean and comfortable and of a nice size. The bathroom was a good size and the fittings acceptable. The sealant around the bath could do with a bit of attention though. The basement breakfast room is pleasant and comfortable. I would advise paying the £3 supplement to upgrade to the Scottish breakfast as the 'continental' seems a bit basic. No cheese or cold meats or hard boiled eggs, just cereals and croissants and fruit. The staff explained to me that they are in the process of revamping the hotel. The central location and for the price i would consider it to be a bargain and will definitely stay there again when i return to Glasgow in a few weeks time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The privately owned 3-star Merchant City Inn provides is set in the centre of Glasgow, in a secluded street adjacent to renowned Argyle Street and 2 minutes' walk from George Square. It is in the heart of Glasgow's famous Merchant City district, with magnificent shopping streets, and offering countless restaurants, bars, designer boutiques and theatres. A continental breakfast is available every morning. The 40 bedrooms are all fully furnished with stylish but modern amenities. The hotel also has easy access to nearby tourist cities, being easily accessible to city centre train and bus stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merchant City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merchant City Hotel Glasgow
- Merchant Hotel Glasgow
- The Merchant Hotel
- Merchant City Inn Glasgow, Scotland