The facilities were standard but the room was very clean. We were on the 4th floor but with there being no lift only a spiral staircase we will ask for a lower floor if we return to this hotel. The cooked breakfast was very good and we're glad we took this option as the continental breakfast selection was very limited.
We read other reviews which mentioned noise from a nearby nightclub but we didn't find it obtrusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The privately owned 3-star Merchant City Inn provides is set in the centre of Glasgow, in a secluded street adjacent to renowned Argyle Street and 2 minutes' walk from George Square. It is in the heart of Glasgow's famous Merchant City district, with magnificent shopping streets, and offering countless restaurants, bars, designer boutiques and theatres. A continental breakfast is available every morning. The 40 bedrooms are all fully furnished with stylish but modern amenities. The hotel also has easy access to nearby tourist cities, being easily accessible to city centre train and bus stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Merchant City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merchant City Hotel Glasgow
- Merchant Hotel Glasgow
- The Merchant Hotel
- Merchant City Inn Glasgow, Scotland