Prior to arrival I had to email 3x and finally call to get a response to an inquiry.
On arrival check in staff were very unwelcoming. There was an issue with their online booking system which was entirely their fault and they did nothing to rectify it beyond charging me an additional fee for something which was not at all my fault.
Room was fine. Bathroom soap dispenser would have looked more appropriate in a public toilet. very ugly.
Breakfast was basic and the chef was on the grumpy side.
I would not stay here again. It ended up more expensive than other local options and I did not enjoy the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The privately owned 3-star Merchant City Inn provides is set in the centre of Glasgow, in a secluded street adjacent to renowned Argyle Street and 2 minutes' walk from George Square. It is in the heart of Glasgow's famous Merchant City district, with magnificent shopping streets, and offering countless restaurants, bars, designer boutiques and theatres. A continental breakfast is available every morning. The 40 bedrooms are all fully furnished with stylish but modern amenities. The hotel also has easy access to nearby tourist cities, being easily accessible to city centre train and bus stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Merchant City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merchant City Hotel Glasgow
- Merchant Hotel Glasgow
- The Merchant Hotel
- Merchant City Inn Glasgow, Scotland