“Homely B&B”
Review of Ashton Glasgow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Ashton Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Homely B&B”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I spent 1 night at ashton glasgow.

On arrival I was met my Marion who was friendly and welcoming.

I was shown to my room a double at the back of the house.

The room was spotless well decorated, a comfortable bed with good bedding which made for a good nights sleep. The room looked onto ashton lane which was quiet no noise issues.

There is no ensuite you share a bathroom which is immaculate supplied with toiletries no issues here.

Virgin tv was available with a lcd tv.

Tea and coffee with bottled water was available.

Breakfast was continental with a choice of cereals.yoghurt, toast, croissants, fresh fruit, orange juice, tea and coffee.

The room rate is very reasonable considering it is the west end.

I highly recommend this b&b more like a home from home, I met Marion's husband who was also friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: All rooms would be of a high quality.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank saltire_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
orlando, fl
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Had an enjoyable one night stay at the Ashton Glasgow with my family of 5. The hosts were very authentic, helpful and accomodating. There advice and warmth and kindness was much appreciated. Rooms were clean and cute but were relatively small, as you would expect in a big city. If you are looking for a warm and comfortable place to stay in Glasgow or the West End of Glasgow, the Ashton is a good choice. Note there are 2 rooms and 1 bathroom across the hall from the 2 rooms. The bath is not en-suite, but it should not matter if you are renting both rooms.

Room Tip: rooms are across from the bathroom in the hall
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank cdtess
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've been tempted not to write a review of Ashton because they only have two rooms and I want one to be always available when I go to Glasgow. It's a great Victorian house, off University Avenue and just round the corner from Ashton Lane. If you want to be in the West End, it's hard to think of a better location. I was concerned that it might be noisy but it was very peaceful. The welcome was warm and helpful, my twin room was big and comfortable and the shared bathroom was just outside the door. The bathroom is traditional style with shower over the bath. It was very clean and equipped with shampoo etc. The other room was occupied for one of the nights but there were no issues with bathroom use. Breakfast was excellent continental style. I don't know if cooked breakfast is available. you may need to ask in advance.

The only other place I've stayed in Glasgow is Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens. That's one of my favourite hotels in the world but hard to justify the cost just for a quick visit to see my son at university. Personally, if I can't have a luxury 5 star hotel, I'd rather have an excellent B&B; the small hotel options in UK are so often a disappointment. Ashton is a great B&B but let's try to keep it a secret.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank bowendips
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Very nice B&B, ideally located in central Glasgow. Rooms are cosy and clean, the host are incredibly kind and helpful in giving information and make you comfortable.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Excellent hospitality and very comfortable B&B in Glasgow, the best one I stayed in Scotland. I enjoyed my stay in Ashton B&B, tasty breakfast, exceptional cleanness and really grateful to owners who were very kind, helpful and warm welcome. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Ruslan N
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

we really enjoyed our stay at Ashton B and B, in contrast to a larger, more impersonal B and B we stayed in a few days earlier, in the same area. The room was spacious, the owner very kindly put 2 twin beds together so it was really large, and also comfortable. Very nice breakfast, much more interesting than the standard B and B fare. Overall we will look for smaller B and Bs in future, and would certainly be glad to come back to Ashton.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank annee68
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My Mum and Dad were coming up to Glasgow to see me. I wanted somewhere they could stay that would give me peace of mind. My Dad has an eye condition and is partially sighted and both my parents are in their late 60s.

We turned up and the owner was stood at the top of the steps waiting for us. She was very friendly and welcoming. The room looked very nice. The day after my parents gave very favourable reports - they had a good night's sleep, the owners were very helpful and they said the breakfast was out of this world!

The rates were incredibly reasonable for such a sought after area and provided a lot of value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family