“great breakfast”
Review of Victorian House

Victorian House
Ranked #80 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 25 July 2014

located only 15min walk from queen st train station. would have been 10 min but its all uphill. close to shopping,restaurants,movies. very good price for what you get. we were on 2nd floor which meant about 40 steps. room was bigger than we had at other places. free wifi. nice size bathroom. breakfast was fruit,cereal,rolls, and a hot food area with eggs,beans,bacon,sausage,haggis,etc. juice and a machine that gave you coffee,hot chocolate,latte,cappuccino or other. i was in heaven. next to art school. very quite. had to leave room key at desk when you went out. they said they were staffed 24 hr. would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Victorian house in Glasgow and found it to be an average hotel. The staff were friendly, the location was good and the breakfast was great with a variety of choices. However, the rooms were small, stank like mould, and the walls were wafer thin. I probably would consider giving another hotel a go next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank austravld
Reviewed 15 July 2014

on arrival doors locked had to wait 10 mins to get in no answere on phone and no appologie either the second night i arived back late and found when they cleaned the room they did not leave any towels so had to go and get from reception the following morning went for breakfast around 7.30 knowing only cold was avilable around 7.50 i asked if could get some hot food as it was all cooked just keeping warm told no till 8am by time i walked to reception i asked to make my colplaints in there complaints log and told dont have one in this minuet they sudenley started to serve food as they now said it was 8 am but the receptionist confirmed it was only 7.50 and she could not beleve what was happening as she had already had to leave the desk to help them with breakfast earlyer the tv only worked at times and kept loosing signal when trying to watch a program

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank james c
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night. The location is good. Just up from one of the main shopping streets but on a quiet road. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed in where the rooms are better than the public areas! As you enter the hotel, the hall and reception need repainting, as does the stairway up to the rooms. Our rooms, on the first floor, were adequate. The en-suite was compact but did the job. Breakfast was ok. Cafeteria style. The staff are friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

So I checked in, fine, room was nice enough but noticed straight away bathroom was really dated. Black mould etc and cracks in the shower- fine for just me for a few nights as long as there are no other problems. Breakfast ok, wasnt expecting much but it was ok. So final night I notice a big bug crawl across the floor, I get a little closer and realise its a cockroach!! Obviously I squish it and contact the night porter who has no interest and says its a fly. So I leave it till morning to talk to the receptionist. So morning comes and I go to speak to her and she doesnt seem to care either, just advises me to email the manager. May I point out not once had a mentioned gettibg a refund. So I email the manager explaining the situation. The reply I got is a joke! He basically called me a liar and said all I wanted was a refund when actually I just wanted an apology. I would definitely stay clear of this hotel and will be warning everyone else to as well

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank luckiescape
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My 2 teens and I stayed in this charming house for 3 nights while we strolled through the heart of the Art District, Sauchiehall Street shopping, and the banks of the Clyde River.. Fantastic Breakfasts! Nice large rooms too.. Made our first Scottish visit wonderfully memorable!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice rooms (ours had a bay window!), very good choice of breakfast, perfectly functioning wifi, and walking distance from downtown. Nothing to push it into the exceptional category, but definitely nothing to complain about either.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family