We stayed a night as part of our coach tour of Scotland and what a disaster as the hotel was full with many tour groups and we were unlucky to be assigned a room with problematic air-conditioning unit (which they called a air-cooler) and the room was so small that the luggage we placed a suitable space was receiving steady drops of condensed water from the Air-Cool unit above it! The Asst. GM tried to explain to me due to the heatwave externally, the system is causing the problem and he was unable to change my room as it will be the same as well as they are full. He came up to our room and placed a towel to prevent the drips which effectively rendered the unit obsolete as we basically have to shut it down. The small window did not offer any respite so we have had a restless and stuffy sleep on top of the bed with only the bed sheet as cover.
The general condition of this Ibis is poor with obvious wear & tear throughout from what appeared to be a high traffic hotel, taking in coach tours and transient travelers. This hotel which is in a good location and it is walking distance to the main streets with shops and restaurants/bars need to be renovated. What a contrast to the decent Ibis we stayed at Bristol?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Lastminute, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland