“Good value for money :-)”

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lochcarron, United Kingdom
“Good value for money :-)”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here with my partner on New Years Eve, had a very comfortable stay, and were well looked after. We did not eat or drink in the hotel, however we did use the bar in the hotel next door (Novotel) which is part of the same company, and this was well set out and well priced.
Excellent location in Glasgow as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Nick

Thank you for your review, I am glad you were able to use facilities in both our hotels and hope that you will have the opportunity to come back again soon.

Janice Fisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had a one night stay at the Ibis after going to an event at the Hydro. Chose the hotel due to its location, just 15 mins from George Square, and was just £50 for the night. Breakfast was an extra £8 per person but you had a good choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, cold meats and cheeses, selection of hot food (sausages, egg etc) and toast/pastries/pancakes/bread. Large selection of teas and coffee plus apple or orange juice. Room was decent size and the beds were comfortable but not overly large - our room was at the back so there wasn't a view. Didn't get disturbed by the comings and goings of other guests although there was traffic noise as the window was open due to the room being very hot even with the heating off. Basic shower room with powerful shower which soaked the entire floor area (but it dried out quickly!).
Managed to park outside on the meters which are free after 6pm on a Saturday through to early Monday morning. If you do need to pay then you need plenty of 20p pieces to feed the meter.
A very enjoyable trip to Glasgow.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Shortbreadandwhisky

Thank you for adding a review of our hotel onto the site. I am sure other guests will find it useful and I do hope you will be able to make another trip to Glasgow and stay with us again.

Carluke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel recently when on an evening out in Glasgow. We paid only £30 for a midweek night, which is great value for Glasgow City Centre.

No different from any other Ibis hotel, it was clean, well maintained and well located. The staff were helpful and the new Ibis bed was as always, very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Badbob

Thank you for your review and I am glad to see you benefitted from our advance purchase offers, always available on our own website. The new Ibis Sweet beds have been a revelation and will be available to purchase soon for your home.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed overnight in this hotel..very convenient for our theatre trip and to Mal Maison where we had dinner.

Our room was very comfortable and the shower in the bathroom was excellent.

The down side was the noise of the traffic outside.

The choices of food at breakfast was varied although some of the hot choices were a bit overcooked.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are away from the front because of traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Madam

Thank you for adding your review to our lsiting , I am sure other guests will find your tip very helpful. I do hope we can look forward to you next visit to Glasgow.

Brighton, UK
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at the Ibis Central in Glasgow for 2 nights in December when I was in the city to see Hanson in concert at the O2 ABC venue.

I had stayed at an Ibis before, as well as an Ibis Budget, so I knew roughly what to expect, and I wasn’t disappointed. The hotel is very centrally located and it’s easy to walk to all the main attractions, shopping areas etc. It’s in a quiet side street so there is actually very little noise. My room faced, well, a brick wall actually - so I didn’t have much of a view, but it didn’t matter as I wasn’t planning to spend much time there.

The bathroom was in the typical ‘pod’ style incorporating the shower and the basin area - I’d come across that at another Ibis property before. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was quite spacious. The Ibis, despite being a budget chain, knows how to put little touches here and there to make the experience more pleasant for a guest; for example, the TV screen was on when I checked in, with some kind of Ibis greeting on loop. There were plenty of information cards, restaurant menu etc. And of course, the Ibis offers free wi-fi throughout, which is essential, in this day and age, and yet a lot of budget chains don’t.

The only let-down was the breakfast buffet. There really was very little choice and I’d had a much better breakfast at an Ibis Budget in Manchester a few months before. I would certainly stay at this hotel again, but perhaps next time I wouldn’t pay for breakfast in advance and I’d choose to go to a nearby cafe instead.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Paperopoli

Thank you for adding your review to our listing, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and do please accpet my apologies that you felt the breakfast was not to the same standard. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us to do this.

I do hope you will choose Ibis agin for your next stay.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the third time.Brilliant location, spacious clean and quiet room with a window you can actually open. Still the best shower I have ever had in a hotel. Safe area and not too far away from anything.Being a single explorer, I feel safe on the streets around it and the requirement to swipe the room key to gain access adds to it.
I ll be back.Thank you

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Chrissy

Thank you for your review, we do love having you visit and can't wait till the next time. Do try to bring some sunny weather with you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had booked 2 hotel rooms for a weekend and payed full price when booking. Was suppose to head to Glasgow for the weekend as I got some terrible news that a family member was on her last stages of life, I couldn't go to Scotland. The hotel refused to refund me anything and also would not let me even change my dates. The hotel was given 5 days notice so not as if it was last minute. I would advise anyone not to pay upfront when booking this hotel

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel Q
Dear Ms Q

Thank you for taking the time to add a review of your reservation experience of the hotel.
Please accept once more my condolences on the sad news of your relative.
We do have a range of rates available to book which are flexible to cancel up until the day of arrival. Unfortunately on this occasion you chose our heavily discounted, prepaid , non refundable rate and so we honour the terms and conditions of the booking you agreed to at the time. We can provide an invoice for your insurance company so that you can reclaim the expense. I understand at this time you are upset but had you been able to come to the hotel you would have seen what great service and value we do provide.
I remain at your disposal.