“Top Manager and Property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woking, United Kingdom
“Top Manager and Property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I booked this for my stag through a consolidator (one I may or may not work for!) - 5 rooms with a major request to all be twins. But this request wasn't sent to the hotel, thankfully I called the hotel a few days before travelling - with a few dropouts of the party plus some fantastic work from the Manager we managed to get the rooms I wanted!

Location of the hotel is really good; just off Sauchiehall St and round the corner from the o2; 20 odd minute walk to either the West End or the Merchant Quay.

Would definitely stay here again - but apologies for the 7 raucous idiots enjoying a stag in a top city!

The price I got was also extremely good for such a group booking

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Mr Hayes

I am delighted to see your review and hope that everything goes as well for your wedding. Your friends were no trouble at all so I am sorry to spoil your reputation for raucousness.

I do hope we can look forward to seeing you again.

Janice Fisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We flew up to Glasgow on Friday night, my friend had phoned in advance to say we would be quite late checking in and even with a flight delay the reception is manned 24 hours and the bar area was still buzzing when we arrived at about midnight. the room was quite plain but spacious and for the price the facilities were perfect with heater, additional sockets charging stuff etc, the bathroom was spacious and looked quite new. We were able to leave our bags securely for £2 while we looked around the city and returned to collect them and travel on to Edinburgh

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sarah

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your review to our listing. I am glad you found a warm welcome after your delay which can be so tiring.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Glasgow.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

clean, tidy and value for money

Only one thing we found wrong with this hotel there disabled rooms are twins with no doubles, unlike other hotels we have visited that have twin beds and are willing to join the beds together this hotel refused. The reason being the matters protector a covers would be to big, this was untruth as the double in our friends room was two single beds of the same size clipped together with a matters protector on top.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Patrick

Thank you for your review but please accept my apologies we are unable to provide a double accessible room. We do offer twin accessible rooms and can always recommend one of our sister properties should you ever require a double instead. I will certainly log your feedback for our next refurbishment and we can then see if we are allowed any flexibility in the bed set up.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying in another of our hotels in the future.

Dundee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Mrs B and I booked this some time ago as it's in a great location for the Kings Theatre. Excellent check in (we were early). Lifts quick and clean. The corridors are a bit oddly coloured but that's minor. The room (223) was a bit basic, clean and had coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer and a cool pod like bathroom. Well worth the £40ish we paid. Excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your lovely review, I hope you enjoyed your weekend in Glasgow. It would be great to see you again soon so do not be a stranger and don't forget that the further out you book the better our online offers.

I do look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I nearly thought this hotel was excellent. It was clean, there wasn't really any mould in the bathroom, the barman on Thursday evening was very pleasant and helpful and when I ordered something on the menu that wasn't available, I was offered a discounted alternative. I was really pleased, and it was very good value.

However - I have rated this terrible mainly as I injured myself, and it was quite painful. The doorstops are, in my opinion, in the wrong place in these hotels. The doorstop is lined up exactly with the door handle, and I caught my finger as I was opening the door whilst trying to manoeuvre my luggage out the following morning. You can see the doorstops sticking out of the wall in some of the photos on this site. I caught my ring finger on my left hand and it nearly made me cry. My knuckle was a fabulous bruised colour and most attractive after my little spat with the doorstopper.

To be fair to Ibis, I was offered something from the first aid kit, but I don't think it was quite right of the receptionist (not the nice barman the evening before BTW) to tell me that I had "opened the door too wide". Err, no. The doorstopper should be attached to the skirting board and it should certainly not be lined up with the door handle, ready to trap unsuspecting customers.

My colleagues and I later had a good laugh about "opening a door too wide", as we all regularly travel for work and it was clearly a doorstopper in a stupid place (also at eye level for children, which is clearly an accident waiting to happen).

FYI Ibis, a door only opens as wide as it opens and the doorstopper should not have been placed opposite the handle to prevent the door "being opened too far". I am now thinking again about staying in a future Ibis in case they all have these doorstop/finger-trapping arrangements, as I do like to be able to open the door to get my luggage out of the room when I leave....

Also, there was a lot of noise overnight. The hotel also looks out over a large bin store. Not fun to be woken before it is light by those shenanigens either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joanna F
Dumfries , Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends to go to a music gig, rooms clean, and staff served with a smile, never ate breakfast so can't comment, did however make use of the 24hr bar, big use :) no complaints from the barman. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Top service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Gingeer

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy our hospitality which is available 24 hours per day. I look forward to your next visit.

Wallasey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Booked at short notice. Paid £47 for a twin room midweek. Arrived at11:30 am and were able to access our room straight away. Clean and comfortable. Hotel a 20 minute walk uphill from Central station but very quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Chrissie-John

Thank you for your review, it was lvoely to have you staying with us and I do hope you can return again soon.