Usually we stop at another "budget" hotel in the Charing Cross area when visiting Glasgow but the Ibis was cheaper and in the roughly same location.
Arriving about 10am we expected to leave our bags and go out before checking in but the lady on reception managed to find us a room and so we were checked in early for 2 nights.
Having stayed in an Ibis hotel before we knew what to expect, all the rooms are very alike, functional, not large and the bathroom is of a slot in modular design. Basin, wc, and walk in shower. For me the shower nails it as I hate those above the bath shower types, also you can remove the shower head from the bracket for a good all over power shower.
The location of the hotel is good for local bus services and is a stones throw away from Charing Cross rail station. It is within easy walking distance of Central Station, all uphill, but a cab from central is only about £3.50-£4.00.
The bed was firm but comfortable, duvet thinnish but the room does have a heater and two extra pillows are provided. We were on the 6th floor which was quiet even though we overlooked the main Glasgow police station.
We didn't eat or drink there as there are plenty of bars and eateries a short walk away on Sauchiehall Street.
Would I stay here again? Yes if it's cheaper than my usual "budget" hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland