“R5 concert” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“R5 concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights whilst I was in Glasgow to attend the R5 concert at O2ABC on Sauchiehall Street. A look at the layout of the streets nearby made me think I have stayed here before sometime in the past but cant remember when. The room was large, clean and comfortable, the bathroom and shower were clean and adequate although the toilet would not flush properly without many attempts, but I reported this and I think it was fixed before I left. Breakfast was a bit limited especially for vegetarians but all in all I would recommend the hotel as a reasonably priced and convenient hotel for events in areas like the O2 ABC which is no more than 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear John H

Thank you frot akignt eh tiem to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose Ibis for your next visit to Glasgow.

Janice Fisher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Bright clean, comfortable and convenient and very helpful staff as well. The hotel's right in the centre of Glasgow and close to everything. Perfect for a short break. There's on street parking right outside and adjoining roads, which helps as I have a Blue Badge. The only downside was the quality of the breakfast on offer, at the time we were looking at it - but maybe we arrived at just the wrong time. We are going to back to Glasgow again and have already booked for another short break at this hotel. Recommended as good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello SamdogScotland

Thank you so much for your review. I am disappointed that breakfast was not as you would have expected. I do look forward to your future stay with us.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here on Valentines night. Room had everything you could need for an overnight in the city. Clean and functional. Very comfortable bed and pillows. No noise as set back from the main pub area. Within 5 minutes walk of many bars, restaurants, theatres in Sauchiehall Street. Will definitely stay here again if going for a night out in town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine D
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Lorraine D

Thank you for taking the time to add you views of the hotel onto our lsiting. It is encouraging to see you enoyed your stay and I do hope it won't be too long until your enxt visit to Ibis Glasgow.

Huddersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Usually we stop at another "budget" hotel in the Charing Cross area when visiting Glasgow but the Ibis was cheaper and in the roughly same location.
Arriving about 10am we expected to leave our bags and go out before checking in but the lady on reception managed to find us a room and so we were checked in early for 2 nights.
Having stayed in an Ibis hotel before we knew what to expect, all the rooms are very alike, functional, not large and the bathroom is of a slot in modular design. Basin, wc, and walk in shower. For me the shower nails it as I hate those above the bath shower types, also you can remove the shower head from the bracket for a good all over power shower.
The location of the hotel is good for local bus services and is a stones throw away from Charing Cross rail station. It is within easy walking distance of Central Station, all uphill, but a cab from central is only about £3.50-£4.00.
The bed was firm but comfortable, duvet thinnish but the room does have a heater and two extra pillows are provided. We were on the 6th floor which was quiet even though we overlooked the main Glasgow police station.
We didn't eat or drink there as there are plenty of bars and eateries a short walk away on Sauchiehall Street.
Would I stay here again? Yes if it's cheaper than my usual "budget" hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bungleye
Dear Bungleye

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay and benefitted from our competitive prices. We do try to offer value and appreciate all your feedback.

I do hope we can be of assistance again in the future.

Hamburg, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel is similar to other Ibis hotels I have used. The room was small but adequate, and it was very clean. The bathroom was clean and modern. As in many other Ibis hotels, it had only two towels, liquid soap, and toilet paper; it had no other supplies. A sign is posted that other items may be purchased at the front desk for one pound each.

Positives: The advanced payment price for the room was very good. The room was available in the morning and I had an early check-in after a long travel.

The only negative I experienced concerns the traffic noise late at night on the weekend. It seems the street adjacent to the hotel has a steady stream of roaring motor vehicles. The noise penetrated the room and made sleep unrestful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruppbenn_traveling
Dear Ruppbenn_travelling

Thank you for taking the time to add your review for our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure other guests will find the information helpful.

I do hope you will choose to stay with Ibis again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ibis last night as we were visiting glasgow to go to a gig. We got an early check in which we didn't expect. The room had everything we needed for our nights stay. Comfy bed, nice shower, hair dryer and also coffee and tea supplies. The staff were lovely and the 24 hour service and bar downstairs was handy when we got thirsty at night. Lovely place, such a great price too. Would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anouska33

Thank you for adding your review to our listing, I am so glad you had a lvoely stay and I dop hope we can look forward to your next visit.

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed for a night, the location is really the only good thing about this hotel. Rooms were clean but dated and a bit cramped. Staff weren't great - they guy that checked us in seemed to be management and was quite rude and dimissive, refused to honour a deal (50% discount on breakfast) that was shown clearly on my booking confirmation. He was also rude to one of his staff members in front of us which wasn't great. The window in our room was broken - left open and wouldn't shut, and when I asked for someone to come and fix it, the guy they sent couldn't do it at first, and just shrugged and said we would have to sleep with it open - in February in Scotland. It took some pushing to make him see that this wasn't reasonable.

Overall - I know you get what you pay for, but there are much better places for this amount.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bev L
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Bev L

Thank you for taking the time to add your revew to our listing. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing aspects of our service, we will certainly be looking into this so we can improve for future.

I do hope we can offer you a trouble free stay on your next visit.