“two night weekender” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Glasgow City Centre

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Good location - just a few blocks from the centre of the city, so the street itself was pretty quiet but still within easy walking distance of the centre. Clean and surprisingly spacious for a pod-style room. Fantastic to have 24-hour restaurant available downstairs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear CRG14

Thank you for your review as we do really appreciate the feedback from all our guests. I do hope you will choose Ibis for your next trip.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Ibis hotel for me and my boyfriends anniversary , and it was as pleasant as I visited the last time , only better .
Cleanliness - was very clean as always .
Comfort - the beds and pillows are super clean and soft , I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to sleeping in unknown beds , always terrified there will be bed bugs or something but the bed sheets and covers are always really clean , apart from a few small rips / holes in the bed covers but that wasn't major or anything .
I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had dozens more channels on our tv this time round , I'm not sure if it was just the type of room we got but last time we stayed we got about 7 channels , 2 of which were foreign so it was good to have itv2, sky 1 etc . So please always have this ! It will save me trekking my laptop with me for movies to watch when I feel like staying in for a night .
Staff- the staff this time weren't really as attentive as last time but still pleasant enough .
I honestly can say that on my second visit to ibis , I will definetley be coming back again. As long as everytime is as perfect as the others they will have me as a customer for a very long time .

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kirsty W
Dear Kirsty W

Thank you for your continued support and I am delighted that you have enjoyed another stay with us. I look forward to many more happy visits and can confirm that our freeview tvs are now fully operational across the Ibis estate. I hope you continue to be pleased witht eh changes we are implementing.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel was clean and breakfast was fine. Pleasant helpful staff, however not the place to stay if you want a good nights sleep!! Locals must be using the one way system as a race track, although the hotel is double glazed the noise from 'supped' up cars was horrendous until the very early hours of the morning. The hotel is aware of this problem and they offered to call the Police. What I found strange about this is that these cars congregate outside Police Headquarters!!! So the call would have been wasted. I don't think these people are driving dangerously but surely this would be classed as disorderly behaviour and being a public nuisance???

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room but still managed to be kept awake by the noise from 'supped up' c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello Elaine L

Thank you for adding your review to our lsiting and do please accept my apologies that you were disturbed during your stay. We do regularly report this issue to the local police and they are looking at a range of measures to tackle this issue so I will be sure to let you know how they progress.

I do hope that we can offer you a hassle free stay on your next visit to Glasgow.

Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is located close to the centre of Glasgow, making it easy to get around. The staff was very friendly, both on check-in and in aswering questions. The room was a good size, nice bed and pillows. This is a Ibis hotel, so you should expect basic furnishings, and that is what you get. The wifi was free and worked well, both in the general areas and in my room on a high floor. Breakfast is fine, not very elaborate, but also by far not as expensive as I have had in the UK.

I had two negative points: the bed and towels were clean, but the room itself less so. The desk contained stains of what I think was food. And the hotel is very noisy. I stayed over the weekend, and Friday night tehre were a lot of groups who came to town to party. They started already in the hotel, and I could listen along to all kinds of music and conversations. Fortunately, they were less loud coming home, so that was not too bad. However, they start cleaning the rooms quite early in the morning, and that also creates a lot of noise from the hallway/vacuumcleaners/knocking on doors etc.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello NausicaaNL

Thank you for your review of the hotel , do pelase accept my apologies that you wesre disturbed during your stay. We do try to encourage good manners amongst all our guests to be mindful of others but sometimes this message gets lost.

I do hope that we can look forward to your next visit to Glasgow.