Stayed here for an overnight stay as attending a concert at the Hydro. Getting to the hotel is a bit of a pain due to the one way streets, but once we got there, there were ample parking spaces outside, the drawback however is that the on street parking is £6ph(!), Mon - Sat 8 - 6. We popped into the hotel to be told there is a multi-storey carpark nearby (about 4-5 streets away), but again you were looking at roughly £12 per half day, so we just paid the £24 to park outside for the remaining chargeable hours to save having to navigate the one way system again.
Receptionist was great, checked in smoothly, told we could pay the balance of stay next day by card (paid initial amount via accor points). Asked for a toilet, but told to go to Novotel next door as the Ibis ones were being refurbished. Headed to our room, which was on the 5th floor, room key needed to operate lift going up. Room was basic, but clean and with a very comfortable bed and pillows, but roasting hot even with the air-con on. Window had been left open, which we appreciated. Shower room was clean and stocked with paper, towels and and "all-in-one" face, hair and body wash bottle. If you are not a fan of these, take your own toiletries.
Fire alarm went off in the early hours of Sunday morning and needless to say IT IS LOUD! We left our room and congregated outside until the fire brigade arrived. We had no direction from staff as to where to muster, or be advised what was going on, i.e. whether an actual fire or some idiot hitting the alarm. Turned out to be the latter, so back we trudged up 10 flights of stairs to the 5th floor. The next morning we asked what had happened and the gentleman behind the desk advised it was apparently a drunken prank and they were in the process of identifying who it was from the swiped roomkey when they accessed the lift.
Went to pay the balance, but was told that it had already been taken from my credit card. Slightly annoyed at this as I had wanted to pay by debit card, but the payment had already come off, so not much I could do. However, was pleased that the rate had been reduced from the advertised amount due to the refurbishment that was going on, so can't really complain in the end!
Overall we had a pleasant stay and a really good sleep up to the alarm going off. The hotel is well situated, with plenty of bars, restaurants and taxis in close proximity. We will more than likely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland