Ibis Glasgow City Centre
US$208
US$126
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$85
US$82
  • Breakfast included
1,669 results
All reviewswest regent streetcity centrecharing cross stationkings theatresauchiehall stwould stay here againcomfortable bedstreet parkingshower roommin walkmain shoppingone night stayshort staymember of staffbooked this hotelcar parkself service
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my 2nd stay in an Ibis hotel, and it was perfect for me as a solo traveler. I arrived by train, and the directions to the hotel were pretty simple if you Google map them. However, if you are going to walk from the Queen Street Station, it is better to take the Sauchiehall Street route - the rise in the terrain is less steep - especially if you are hauling baggage. It also allows you to see an area that you might want to explore later. There are plenty of shops and restaurants, and some sights leading off of this street.

When I got to the hotel, I was early, but the staff there (all the ones I came in contact with) are very friendly and helpful. When I indicated that I was going to go to the Botanic Gardens, the staff member gave me a map, and advised me of the best way to do so and also recommended an area near there where I could find a good place to eat. All the recommendations were spot on.

The room was fairly large and there was ample space for all my needs. The bathroom was spotless, the room itself was neat, clean, and quiet. TV was available as well as free wi-fi throughout the facility (and it worked just great). There were also fixings for coffee in the room as well. My window opened up to another building about 1/2 block away and if I opened the window, you could hear everyday street noise, but nothing significant. I was in room 530. Access to the elevators to get to the floors was controlled by your room card, so pretty safe overall.

Breakfast was not included in my rental, but I opted to have the breakfast for a fee while I was there. It was plentiful, good, and convenient.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly offering advice for the traveler as needed. The location of the hotel is a little distant from the center of town, but Glasgow is very walkable and there are lots of restaurants, shops, and things to see and do within walking distance.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Steve

Thank you for taking the time to add your review of the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the tips for other guests on accessing the hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

i stayed in the Ibis Glasgow Centre Hotel for 2 nights. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and Ingid who served me breakfast gets 200% and 10 gold stars. She was friendly , helpful and efficient. The hotel should be very proud of having her work for them. My room was really comfortable, clean and everything worked. Had a big bed all to myself and so comfy, slept like a log. Just what you need for a short break. Breakfast was great with a lot of choice. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Jennifer G

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I will pass on your lovely comments to the team.

I do hope you return to glasgow again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed for one night mid-week. The hotel is located in the north west corner of the business district in central Glasgow. It is just round the corner from the part of Sauchiehall street with lots of bars and eateries so is well located for a night out (although personally I perfer the merchant city area which is a bit more sophisticated). The shopping district (other end of Sauchiehall street & Buchanan street) is about 10min walk and you can also walk to the SECC/Hydro in about 15 mins. Check in was quick and we were given a room on the 5th floor. Some public areas of the hotel look pretty basic, but the room was clean and in good condition. The bathroom is a large "pod" in the corner of the room with a good shower and basic toiletries provided. The bed was confortable and we had a good sleep, although there was a lot of noise (vans, trash collection) from 5AM onwards - however we did leave the window open and probably wouldnt have noticed if the window was closed. We didnt try the breakfast, but there is a 24 hour bar and food service. Very good value for money if booked in advanced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigLighty

Dear BigLighty

Thank you for taking the time to add your impressions of the hotel. I am glad this was favourable and do hope you plan on returning soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had two separate nights at the Ibis City Centre at either end of a tour. Though on different floors the rooms were identical. The room was a reasonable size, the bed comfortable, the window opened (with stays to stop it being opened more than a few inches) the air cooling system worked in both rooms, and it contained the usual hospitality tray, hairdryer, spare pillows and a few hangers in a small wardrobe. There was a long shelf for your bits and pieces and a full length mirror. The shower room was a "pod" but was a reasonable size and the shower was powerful and we didn't find that it wet the rest of the floor. They only provided one towel each though. We asked for extra milk and teabags on our first night and these were brought to our room pretty promptly. We had boy racers disturbing our sleep on the Thursday night. The reception was being refurbished, and the work seemed to be nearly finished. There was a comfortable seating area. When we returned from our tour the check in for 39 people was pretty prompt and efficient.
As another reviewer has said, this hotel was let down by the breakfast. It was unappetising, the scrambled egg was grey, they ran out of croissants, the cold meat on the Tuesday was just paper thin slices of "turkey". If staying here it is probably best just to book the room and get breakfast elsewhere - The Willow Tea Rooms are just a short walk away on Sauchiehall Street, and there must be other cafes around if you have time to look for them. There is certainly a Patiesserie Valerie and a Costa at Central Station.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the road - boy racers seem to be a feature of this area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Diana089

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback about breakfast. I do hope we will have the pleasure of a return visit soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my second visit to the Ibis in West Regent Street. I have stayed at a number of the Accor Group's hotels and have never been disappointed by the quality of them. The Ibis Glasow City Centre was up to the usual high standard. Located just off Sauchiehall Street a Mecca for shoppers and party animals, it is a short walk from Queen Street Station, albeit mainly uphill.

The room was well maintained, apart from the missing air vents and a crack in the ceiling. Room 515 was relatively quiet despite overlooking the street and directly opposite Pitt Street Police Station! Apart from a few boy racers on Sunday night, our sleep on our two night stay was uninterrupted. The double bed was particularly comfortable with a mattress topper an added bonus.

The usual, Flat Screen TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer were all there. As well as Free WiFi which worked!

The combined Toilet/Shower Pod is a feature in all the Ibis range and is a smart solution to providing first class facilities in a small space.

Never used the bar or the restaurant since there were so many other options close at hand.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a weekend break in the centre of Glasgow without the usual shenanigans!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear HowieFyffe

Thank you for your lovely review, we are always delighted to see a returning guest and hope we have the pleaseure again soon.