Ibis Glasgow City Centre
  • Breakfast included
US$207
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$364
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$202
Hotels.com
US$301
US$293
1,669 results
All reviewswest regent streetcity centrecharing cross stationsauchiehall stkings theatrewould stay here againcomfortable bedstreet parkingshower roommin walkmain shoppingone night stayshort staymember of staffbooked this hotelbars and restaurantscar park
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Many will be familiar with the IBIS chain.

Glasgow check in/check out was speedy and efficient. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel was quiet at night - weekend and weekdays.

Service was excellent. I rang reception about tea and within minutes the lady from reception supplied some tea bags, milk and sugar.

I liked the option of food at all hours on the premises but never ate in because I was so close to other options. It is a short walk from the rail stations. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
JaniceFisher, Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Tispete,

Many Thanks for the positive comments, I'm so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis Glasgow City Centre. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Majdi Orifij
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Positives: Rooms are very clean, spacious and the shower is massive.Staff are very friendly. Good sized reception/lounge area.Excellent transport links (underground/taxi/bus) all close at hand and the heart of the city is easily walked in 15 minutes.

Negatives: Not a lot to be honest, bath towels could be larger but thats me being picky. Snack choice for the late night munchies could be better but other than that all good.

Onstreet parking (chargeable) is readily available.
Definitely one to check out for a last minute, no frills deal

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank harrygilfillan
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear harrygilfillan

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed the services we have to offer and do hope it won't be long before we see you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I booked a room each and we arrived early (12:00ish). I 'politely' asked "I appreciate it's abut early but please can we check in now? If the room is not available then we are happy to just leave our luggage." The lady was quite helpful and offered to check. Whilst she was checking I asked to have my room "away from the lift" (common sense for hoteliers to know this means quiet room). The lady kindly checked with her Supervisor Darren, who was more than dismissive and rejected without looking "your room is away from the lift, all rooms are pre-assigned and cannot be changed." (I worked in hotel industry for ten years and never knew assigned room cannot be changed!" My room wasn't ready but my colleague's room was so he got to check in early! (Nice one)

I came back after the conference to find I was given a connecting room! I asked to speak to Assistant General Manager who I saw a minute ago who then disappear and wasn't even bothered to call me back or arrange to speak to me.

Overall I think this is a hotel ran by amateur. The only helpful staff was the new girl who greeted me.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir

Thank you for adding your review of the hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your requests as you had wished. We clearly did not handle that as well as we would have liked to. I will certainly pass on this feedback to the team involved.

I do hope it does not deter you from staying at Ibis hotels in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my 2nd stay in an Ibis hotel, and it was perfect for me as a solo traveler. I arrived by train, and the directions to the hotel were pretty simple if you Google map them. However, if you are going to walk from the Queen Street Station, it is better to take the Sauchiehall Street route - the rise in the terrain is less steep - especially if you are hauling baggage. It also allows you to see an area that you might want to explore later. There are plenty of shops and restaurants, and some sights leading off of this street.

When I got to the hotel, I was early, but the staff there (all the ones I came in contact with) are very friendly and helpful. When I indicated that I was going to go to the Botanic Gardens, the staff member gave me a map, and advised me of the best way to do so and also recommended an area near there where I could find a good place to eat. All the recommendations were spot on.

The room was fairly large and there was ample space for all my needs. The bathroom was spotless, the room itself was neat, clean, and quiet. TV was available as well as free wi-fi throughout the facility (and it worked just great). There were also fixings for coffee in the room as well. My window opened up to another building about 1/2 block away and if I opened the window, you could hear everyday street noise, but nothing significant. I was in room 530. Access to the elevators to get to the floors was controlled by your room card, so pretty safe overall.

Breakfast was not included in my rental, but I opted to have the breakfast for a fee while I was there. It was plentiful, good, and convenient.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly offering advice for the traveler as needed. The location of the hotel is a little distant from the center of town, but Glasgow is very walkable and there are lots of restaurants, shops, and things to see and do within walking distance.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Dear Steve

Thank you for taking the time to add your review of the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the tips for other guests on accessing the hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

i stayed in the Ibis Glasgow Centre Hotel for 2 nights. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and Ingid who served me breakfast gets 200% and 10 gold stars. She was friendly , helpful and efficient. The hotel should be very proud of having her work for them. My room was really comfortable, clean and everything worked. Had a big bed all to myself and so comfy, slept like a log. Just what you need for a short break. Breakfast was great with a lot of choice. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Jennifer G

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I will pass on your lovely comments to the team.

I do hope you return to glasgow again soon.