Ibis Glasgow City Centre
US$278
US$390
US$340
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$366
US$294
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$192
Agoda.com
US$146
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,669 results
All reviewswest regent streetcity centrecharing cross stationsauchiehall stkings theatrewould stay here againcomfortable bedstreet parkingshower roommin walkmain shoppingone night stayshort staymember of staffbooked this hotelbars and restaurantscar park
Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JaniceFisher, Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The usual Ibis standards are maintained by and large in this hotel - a cross between Travelodge and Holiday Inn Express. Location wise it's close to Sauchiehall Street, and less than 15 minutes walk from Central station (although there is a steep hill to climb!). The décor is getting a little tired and the lifts rumble a bit. The very compact en-suite was not cleaned properly during my stay and you can't regulate the room temperature but it was OK during my visit. Some noise in the morning that sounded like garbage containers being emptied, and the odd scream from nearby streets in the night, but the sound-proofing meant I wasn't disturbed too much. The main problem I had was with the restaurant. I had booked the Ibis £19.95 offer for breakfast and dinner. The first problem was the staff didn't seem to know about the £19.95 offer even though it is prominently advertised on the menus in the restaurant! Eventually they told me to sit at a table in the rather dingy and uninspiring dining area, and they would take my order. Despite it being almost empty, tables had not been cleared and I spent nearly an hour with a view of the remnants of someone's less than half eaten pizza and a similarly half consumed salad just left on the table in front of me. Not a very encouraging indication of the quality of food available! The menu on the tables had a very poor selection of just two starters and four main courses. When the waitress did eventually come, it transpired that there was also a Specials Menu with a further five main courses, from which I chose the roast chicken, only to be told I needed to have come at least an hour earlier (by now it was 8.15) to have had any chance of getting that. From such a limited selection already this was very disappointing. What I ended up with was of a reasonable quality but not really what I wanted. The service was friendly but extremely slow considering I was the only diner, and it took an hour from when I arrived till I got my main course, at which time the left over food on the other tables started to be cleared. In the meantime, four gents came from the bar with their drinks and changed the TV channel so they could watch the World Cup, so any hope of a quiet relaxing dinner was completely shattered! All in all, a very disappointing experience and I wouldn't risk taking that 'offer' again. Breakfast was OK but it's strange that for a Scottish hotel you can't get any porridge (at Ibis South Bridge in Edinburgh porridge and haggis are available!). The hot food was lukewarm, and the only fruit available was apples and tinned pineapple rings. Not really worth the £7.95 you pay for just breakfast alone. A similar selection is complimentary at Holiday Inn Express. I doubt I would stay here again unless I can get a really good rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Ward,

I'm so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience in the restaurant during your stay with us at ibis Glasgow City Centre. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. we are looking into the matter and will be advising you shortly with the outcome. I do hope that would not prevent you of trying us again to stand on our true standards.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Well located for exploring the town centre in the evening. Stayed over during a three day period whist attending an exhibition at the SECC. Staff very friendly, rooms fine for a no frills business trip ... wifi a bonus!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JaniceFisher, Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Maor,

I'm very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I'm So pleases you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this Ibis in Glasgow as it had a fairly central location (just a couple of blocks away from Sauchiehall Lane and a 10-15 minute walk to the centre) and was relatively inexpensive (we stayed 3 nights priced at £39, £48 and £75 each). We were going to be out all day sightseeing, and just needed somewhere to sleep.

If you've stayed before at an Ibis, then you'll know that the rooms all look the same! The room is a decent size, with a desk area and TV. The bed is decent, and the bathroom is clean and functional.

The communal areas and bar / restaurant area seemed a little soulless (somewhat modern and sterile looking) but we didn't spend any time there. Service at the front desk was efficient.

So overall I'd recommend it for its location, cost and the consistency of the customer experience of the Ibis hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Seb,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and i are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Glasgow City Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.