“Better than average Ibis”

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #46 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 November 2008

This was the second Ibis on our trip after Paris, which had an average room and service so I was expecting the same here for the relatively good price.
In fact it wasn't just the price and the good location I liked - the room had quite a nice look with a nice shower and comfortable bed where I had my only real sleep-in of the trip. The room was clean and a good size, service was fine. I didn't have any breakfast but did use the bar one night and the atmosphere was nice. Glasgow wasn't my favourite city of the trip but if I do come back I'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed 23 October 2008

This was one of the cheapest options available for Glasgow city centre so my expectations weren't too high. I was pleasantly surprised!!! The location was great, central but not on busy street, and the staff were very friendly when booking in.

The room was basic but spotless. If I had to complain about anything it would be not enough pillows, but it wasn't a huge issue .

For value for money and location I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Book it through a web site as I got it for £10 less than the price advertised at the front desk

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I booked this hotel at very short notice and was a bit wary given the reviews on here, but i was pleasantly surprised.

For £43 the room was fantastic - clean, modern and plenty of room for 2 people. OK the bathroom is a bit on the small side but I don't tend to spend all day in the bathroom.

The room might be a bit small if you're staying for a few days but we only spent one night here.

Staff are pleasant, and the check in procedure was very straightforward.

If you're looking for luxury then this clearly is not the hotel for you, but for somewhere cheap and cheerful then this is ideal. Very close to Sauchiehall st for pubs, clubs and restaurants but set away from all the noise, it's ideal.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT ANY SLEEP

This hotel has a serious heating problem that they cannot solve. The manager admitted it and agreed the temperature of the room was intolerable but shrugged his shoulders and said everyone was suffering and that was the way it was- he gave me a complaint form as if it was inevitable. Given that it was only 13 degrees C outside this was a pitiful excuse. A second member of management told me to put the temperature dial up because that made it colder - he was wrong and just fobbing me off

No sleep. A room that stank. Just don't do it!!! Go to the Premier Inn - it's so much better and clean with bigger rooms.

To cap it all the luggage room was so packed with rubbish (bicycles etc) that it would not pass any health and safety regs. I pulled a muscle in my bag getting my bag out and have missed two days of work since with the injury.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We booked in because we were going to see the High School Musical at the Kings Theatre. The location was superb, so handy for the theatre and the shops. The room however, was quite small for 3 of us. My daughter said that it was like going into the diary room of big brother when she went to go into the bathroom!

There was no dressing table, so it was very difficult to find a space to boil the kettle. There was no hairdryer and no plug near the mirror to plug one in! There was also no where to hang up our dripping wet coats. There was only one small bin which was in the bathroom. They had only provided us with 2 of everything, but when I phoned reception, they came up with more towels for us.

On the plus side the staff were friendly and the shower was great.

Would rather book into a travel lodge next time!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2008

This hotel has a fantastic location only a few streets away for the busy night life of glasgow. The hotel itself is very clean and modern, and the room sizes are very good for the price. The only little problem is....that it is Glasgow and it has a maze of one way systems, so if your Sat Nav can't find it, then phone the hotel, they seem to know their way around. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to be in the centre of it all and it is normally great value!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Firstly, I must say that the reviews on here regarding the staff are a million miles away from my experience. Staff were VERY helpful indeed, always happy to point us in the right direction, food was good, and fairly priced.

Only stayed for 1 night when I took the Mrs. up for her first experience of the castle that is Parkhead (and what a night it was, 2-1 vs AC Milan...Come on the Hoops!!).

The Room was a good size, clean and plenty of room. bed was comfy enough, and they allowed us to check in when we arrived 2 hours early!!

All in all a good stay. I visit Glasgow 3/4 times a year, and for £51 a night, will definately use the Ibis as my base next time.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple