“City Break (Glasgow)”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #76 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was our first break in Glasgow. The hotel was in an ideal location in George square. We were upgraded to a club room which overlooked the square. Although it was nice to have an area to sit in to watch the TV in the evening, the room could have done with some TLC. We had dinner bed and breakfast which we found very nice and was taken in very pleasant surroundings. The staff were excellent, very attentive and pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the squre are good
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that we are in the process of a refurbishment programme and will be installing new flat screen TVs throughout the Hotel in January 2012. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Although a member of family had experienced a successful visit to The Millennium year before last I was rather concerned, after booking, with the recent negative posts but I needn't have worried as it was all perfect. I had emailed for a refreshed room looking over The Square. Alexandra checked me in and showed me to my room, a lovely standard size refreshed room that could not be faulted and it was facing the front of the building although not over the square so I asked the very pleasant Alexandra if there was one available with a view of the square and she explained that there was but as yet had not been refreshed but said I could have a look....which I did, a bigger room, third floor and absolutely beautiful and as I was travelling solo (to my hometown ) I enjoyed having the view. A few little carpet stains made by previous guests, a few small chips in the paintwork did not take away from the comfort and elegance of the room which in due course will be refreshed like the first one offered.The bed was very comfortable, heating (self-controlled) was always lovely and warm. Rooms and in fact the whole hotel was spotless.....teas/ coffee etc replenished every day, lots of lovely white fluffy towelsI.....no complaints whatsoever. Should also say, for a city centre hotel, fabulous position, I had very peaceful night sleeps the whole of my week there.
Although the Hotel restaurant is perfect for fine dining,as I was eating alone, I chose to dine in Georgics Bar, next door, belonging to the Millennium Hotel, on four of my evenings, it offers a cheaper option and the front of it enabled me to enjoy the same conservatory views of the magnificent George Square where I enjoyed all my meals and was given the best attention from a very pleasant waiter,Dereck.
I love this Hotel and its history, much prefer it to a new modern build with no character and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FingersCrossed063

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay with at our Hoteland appreciated the Historic value. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This is our second visit to this hotel in 3 months, the Hotel is right in the centre of Glasgow which is great for for visiting the tourist attractions. On our second visit we were booked into a junior suite which was absolutely brilliant, on both our visits the rooms have been immaculate. When we booked in the second time Omar on the reception desk was lovely and efficient. We would also like to thank Faiza and Anna for their help in booking our accommodation.

1  Thank D&AGlasgow

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you have stayed with us on several occasions and that you found our staff helpful to you throughout your stays. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We got married in the hotel on the 10th September 2011, The venue was too small and the air conditioning was very poor. The cd system also did not work properly said it was my cds but have since tried them and they work fine, this was a very distressing thing to happen as the master of ceremonies did not allert me to there being a problem till half an hour before the wedding service.Alastair the MC was incompetant did not have any control of the proceedings. The food was ok for the money that was paid. The external surroundings were excellant for pictures on the square. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the end of September 2011. The suite we stayed in was spacious and comfortable. It is also close to the station and shops. The bathroom was shabby and mouldy in places.

On the way we struggled to find the hotel so phoned reception. The receptionist gave us directions to the hotel and advised us where to park because there is no onsite parking. She told us the cost of parking would be £25 for the 2 nights. On departure the 3 reception staff barely looked up to say a goodbye.

We were surprised to get to leave the car park to a £50 charge. i contacted the hotel reception who told me we needed to get a ticket stamped....obviously this inofrmation would have been more use to us before we left the hotel!!!

I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager of the hotel 3 days after our stay. This is a month later and still no reply or acknowledgment. What poor disappointing customer service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in particular the spacious room. I can assure you that we are in the process of a refurbishment programme which will address the bathrooms. I would like to apologies about the misinformation that you received regarding the parking situation, we have retrained all of our reception staff who are aware of the procedure and this information is now available on our website aswell.
With regards to your letter, I will look into this and please do not hesitate to email me if you have any further comments on sales.glasgow@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We visit this hotel because it holds great sentimental value to us and always has a very warm welcome .
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the whole atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxed ,great for a chill out weekend .
The location is about the best you could get especially if you're arriving at Queens st station,with great restaurants only minutes away.
Stayed in one of the suites and a standard room both are very comfortable, well laid out and equipped,
The rooms kept very clean by the staff ,who are up against it as the whole hotel is becoming very shabby now which is very disappointing as refurbished properly it could regain it's lost appeal.
Noise wise as other have mentioned it does have street noise and noise from the station but it's a city centre hotel ,what do you expect .
Mega plus is the room service breakfast ,superb .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am happy to read that you found your room comfortable and our staff helpful. I can assure you that we are in the process of a refurbishment programme and new flat screen TVs will be installed in the Hotel in January 2012. I look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow and Millennium Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel as a birthday treat to stay over and go to a concert. We were allocated room 224 which was grotty to say the least. There was mould and damp on the roof and outside wall, one of the lampshades had water marks on it, there were large stains on the carpet and the bathroom was very dated and had a mouldy smell. We complained to the duty manager and were given a free upgrade by the duty manager to a club room. Her comment was that she wouldnt stay in this room so she didnt expect her guests to. We were initially happy with this until we found hair on the bathroom floor. The room was not entirley clean. Also, when I checked my bank account on returning home the next day I discovered my "free upgrade" had cost me £103.25 which I am still waiting to be refunded.
We had not booked breakfast and having seen the poor cleanliness in the rooms were relieved as we could only imagine the cleanliness of the kitchens. We were also woken at 6 in the morning by what I assumed was tables being set up in the restaurant beneath the room.
Overall this was not a good experience and we shall not be returning to this hotel. Without a doubt, this has been our worst hotel experience. Definitely not 4 star.....maybe equivalent to a two star guest house.