Millennium Hotel Glasgow
US$200
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
US$284
US$111
  • Pool
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
US$215
US$180
Agoda.com
1,765 results
All reviewsgeorge squarequeen street rail stationlarge bathroomthe heart of the cityfantastic locationone night stayexecutive roomvisiting glasgowpubsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Unless you want to be treated like a crook. We ordered teas & coffees and were in the middle of a pitch meeting, obviously not going anywhere. When the waitress brought the order she out the bill down saying that'll be £10.65. We told here we weren't going anywhere but she demanded immediate payment stating that we might do a runner because customers sometimes do that, so we might and it would come out of her wages. I find this approach offensive.

In addition instead of walking round the table to serve us she leant across in front of us whilst we were in mid conversation: clearly this suited her best. Note also that the glass table was badly chipped with sharp edges and the crockery was badly worn.

We won't be going back, despite the apologies of management when we complained. There are plenty of good places nearby for meetings with well trained, polite staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am extremely disappointed that you experience this service and I can assure you that all of our staff have been retained on Millennium & Copthorne hotel service standards. It is not our intension to place our customers in an uncomfortable situation therefore this comment has been brought to the attention of our lounge manager.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Millennium Glasgow is located on George Square, very convenient for shops, culture and transport connections. Hotel decor has seen better days. My room was on 4th floor. Big room and bathroom... but shower pressure was like a trickle and one morning there was no hot water. Old fashion tv that adds to the dated feeling. Breakfast can be delivered to the room for just a £1 extra and it was generally good quality. The hotel wasn't to my liking as I prefer somewhere more modern. This was like a large old B&B.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are currently in the process of a refurbishment programme and new flat screen TVs will be in the Hotel in January 2012. I am disappointed that you had no hot water in the morning and I can assure you that this has now been rectified. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the new year to experience the changes that we are in the process of making.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We visited here for a girls weekend. Fabulous central location.
Rooms clean and spacious. Dinner in the Brasserie excellent. Staff efficient and pleasant. We had to rush off to the theatre and staff kindly reserved us a table to finish our meal on return later that evening. Great. Highly recommend. Bar staff also very pleasant, attentive and efficient.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank snootch65

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and in Glasgow. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was our first break in Glasgow. The hotel was in an ideal location in George square. We were upgraded to a club room which overlooked the square. Although it was nice to have an area to sit in to watch the TV in the evening, the room could have done with some TLC. We had dinner bed and breakfast which we found very nice and was taken in very pleasant surroundings. The staff were excellent, very attentive and pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the squre are good
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that we are in the process of a refurbishment programme and will be installing new flat screen TVs throughout the Hotel in January 2012. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Although a member of family had experienced a successful visit to The Millennium year before last I was rather concerned, after booking, with the recent negative posts but I needn't have worried as it was all perfect. I had emailed for a refreshed room looking over The Square. Alexandra checked me in and showed me to my room, a lovely standard size refreshed room that could not be faulted and it was facing the front of the building although not over the square so I asked the very pleasant Alexandra if there was one available with a view of the square and she explained that there was but as yet had not been refreshed but said I could have a look....which I did, a bigger room, third floor and absolutely beautiful and as I was travelling solo (to my hometown ) I enjoyed having the view. A few little carpet stains made by previous guests, a few small chips in the paintwork did not take away from the comfort and elegance of the room which in due course will be refreshed like the first one offered.The bed was very comfortable, heating (self-controlled) was always lovely and warm. Rooms and in fact the whole hotel was spotless.....teas/ coffee etc replenished every day, lots of lovely white fluffy towelsI.....no complaints whatsoever. Should also say, for a city centre hotel, fabulous position, I had very peaceful night sleeps the whole of my week there.
Although the Hotel restaurant is perfect for fine dining,as I was eating alone, I chose to dine in Georgics Bar, next door, belonging to the Millennium Hotel, on four of my evenings, it offers a cheaper option and the front of it enabled me to enjoy the same conservatory views of the magnificent George Square where I enjoyed all my meals and was given the best attention from a very pleasant waiter,Dereck.
I love this Hotel and its history, much prefer it to a new modern build with no character and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FingersCrossed063

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay with at our Hoteland appreciated the Historic value. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.