“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just back from a two night stay in glasgow with six friends and had a great stay. Rooms were small but spotless -we had four almost adjoining rooms as requested. The only negatives were poor natural light in rooms and as we were on the station side the noise from the announcer wakened us earlier than we would have liked. Every member of staff that we had contact with was courteous and friendly and nothing was too much bother.
We travelled by train and the hotel is right next door to the station so no taxi required-also shops are just a short walk away so you couldn't get a better location.
Breakfast was excellent and there was a vast choice to suit all tastes. We also had dinner and could not fault the food and prices were reasonable. Will definitley be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marym1310
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay in the hotel and found our staff courteous and our breakfast good. We have a new Head Chef who has created a new Restaurant menu so I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Millennium Glasgow to sample these delights for another break in the near future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights as I was getting married in Glasgow.
I have to say that booking was rather a nightmare as quite a few of my relations came up to stay for the wedding and many of them said they had problems and I had to contact the hotel several times to try and sort things out.
Once we arrived though, we were delighted we'd chosen this hotel. The walk from Queen Street Station takes all of about 15 seconds!
The staff were friendly and good fun (especially the waiting staff in the restaurant) and we'd been given a free upgrade to a suite. The suite was lovely- clean, spacious and had recently been re-decorated. That said, I had a nose into the rooms my relations had all got and they too were lovely- large and clean.
The food in the restaurant was beautifully prepared and very tasty and the bar area is small but very pleasant. On our last night, the Maitre D very kindly gave us free drinks to celebrate our wedding. The breakfast was great too- plenty of choice.
As others have mentioned, the location is perfect if you want to explore the beautiful city of Glasgow and, you can also sit and have a drink in the conservatory which overlooks George Square- very entertaining to people-watch.
All-in-all, I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will use it again whenever I have the chance!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly-refurbished rooms overlooking George Square!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am very pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay with us and you found our staff, in particular, friendly and helpful to you. I would like to express my congratulations on your marriage and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Falkirk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a really nice hotel and has an amazing location, I think the only downfall is the rooms itself. We stayed in a Junior Suite which looked over George Square, the view was brilliant, however the room iteself needed some work done. They are a good size, quite big but the decor is quite old, along with the tv and also ironing facilities.

The bathroom also was quite dated, the shower didn't work very well and again the decor wasn't very nice.

The hotel has been refurbished on the ground floor where you can sit and have a drink and look on to George Square which is really nice. The hotel has it's own enterence and exit for Queen Street Train Station which is right next door. Despite being so close to the station you don't really get any noise from there, however if you do have a room overlooking the square you will hear everyone walking about and the traffic.

Overall this was a nice hotel but I don't think I would stay again unless the price was quite low.

Room Tip: If you want a good view ask for a room overlooking George Square.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am happy to read that you had an overall nice stay and you found the location of the hotel suitable and that there was minimal noise from the train station. I can assure you that we have now installed plasma screen televisions in all of our bedrooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dublin,Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights on the week between christmas and new year. A lively time in Glasgow. Although in Glasgow numerous times before I have never been to this hotel. There are more positives than negatives in my opinion and I probably would visit again. The positives include: good value for city centre location, clean, friendly staff and nice athmosphere. The negatives are mainly due to downtown noise. The front of the building is on a main street and the rear of the building backs on to Queen St train station so especially in early morning there are plenty of city sounds. Security seems tight so depending on which way you look at it this may be either a good thing or a bad thing.
Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel, Glasgow. I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. In particular, i am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and that there was a good atmosphere. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We got a very good deal from Expedia and stayed for 6 nights over the new year period. The hotel is right next to the Queen St station, and very beautifully appointed. The room was spacious, comfortable with individual climate control. Plenty of storage space. King sized bed was very comfortable. Nice (small-ish) bathroom with fluffy towels and complimentary toiletries. A few niggles: the desk drawers were badly made and didn't shut properly. TV not flatscreen & room a bit dark. BE WARY OF ROOM SERVICE!! "Penne Arrabiatta" turned out to be penne swimming in a commercial bottled sweet chilli sauce. Disgusting at 11 pounds sterling plus a "tray charge". Wifi a bit hit and miss too. Kept dropping out & desk a bit at sea with this. Overall though this is an elegant hotel, delicious breakfasts and helpful staff. Also we were allowed to check in early at 12pm as our room was ready.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. We are carrying out a refresh programme within the hotel and flatscreen TV's will be installed this month. We have recently appointed a new head chef aswell and he will be reviewing the menus. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to experience the changes that we are making.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This one night stay was booked for us in order to coincide with a panto visit. We were delighted to say that the staff in this hotel were exemplary in their attitude to customer service from the check-in staff to the check-out staff and special mention to Faiza and Antonios. The houskeeping staff were charming and efficient and again a special mention to the young lady from Latvia who chatted with us and was very pleasant whilst working hard too! The room was like many hotels at this time - a little worn - but this was a club room and we could see that it would have been amazing in its day. The bathroom was very nice and immaculately clean. The room was - anyway - spotless, not a spot of dust anywhere which is difficult for any hotel to achieve - so well done! I had also seen reviews before staying here and was unsure about what to expect but we found the facilities excellent and staff in the brasserie and bar were lovely. I had read that breakfast was a little below expectations but believe me there was more than enough variety to keep everyone happy. I do hope that they get a refurb in the near future as this would bring this hotel up to being one of the best around. Customer service in this hotel chain is unquestionably one of their best points. Thanks to the Millenium group and we will definitely stay in one of their hotels again.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet even though they face onto George Square so we cannot fault the room noise nor locat...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. We are in the process of a refresh programme and we are installing flatscreen TV's throughout the hotel this month. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel last year at the same time because of the location and it had room service plus a late bar . Last year they gave me my room when I got there the ceiling was leaking and the carpet was damaged . So I moved rooms and then got on with it . So this year I gave the place another go , when I got there this time I had to wait 20 mins to check in only to be givin yeah you've guessed it the same room with a bit of wood over the ceiling and a RUG on the floor to cover the damaged carpet . Again moved room offered no up grade or even a breakfast . I had no time to deal with it so I let it go , also without going in to to much detail the night manager was a complete jobs worth with no customer service skills or even human contact skills . In the short a big no no for any one who enjoys a nice hotel . But if you want a run down over priced hotel with difficult night staff . Book it up

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pinkfloyd93
Thank you for taking the time to review The Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am disappointed to read your review and I would be keen to discuss this with you, therefore can you please contact us directly on glasgow.sales@millenniumhotels.co.uk.